MK3 suspension guide

yoterman

Clemson Autocrosser
Oct 31, 2005
south carolina
Hey I drive an 88 turbo with shot stock suspension. I just replaced the ball joins and control arms, and am now looking at shocks and springs. I was hoping to get in on the D2 group buy but it looks like the money just isn't there. I've been thinking about about koni yellows and the ground control coilover setup.

My big concern is that I've been told the konis are not adjustable once their on the car. Are they impossible to adjust or just difficult? If they are completely non-adjustable, then what shocks are adjustable on the car and worth a flip.

This car is a daily driver and a fledgling autocrosser.

Thanks - Clay

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
am i the only one here running B+G springs ??????????
comfortable around town/nice look and feel overall. - 1.7"f ,- 1.5"r
KYB GR2s struts.
i never got to push them hard. YET:evil2:

Last edited:

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
catback said:
am i the only one here running B+G springs ??????????
comfortable around town/nice look and feel overall. - 1.7"f ,- 1.5"r
KYB GR2s struts.
i never got to push them hard. YET:evil2:
nice man nice! now start showing up to the toronto supra meets :icon_evil

tomjan87

Apr 18, 2005
Madison, WI
i was wondering if there was any aftermarket springs that keep about the same as the stock ones. maybe 1 inch drop at the most. thanks for any info.
most of the ones i have looked at were at least 1.5 inch drop.

Thermactor

Been there, done that
Jun 23, 2005
San Diego CA
does anybody here still have stock springs they can let me have for very cheap?

i'm sick of the ride in my car. too fucking harsh.
poly bushings in front
INTRAX springs
Koni Yellows at full firm on all four corners

supralover2000

12.8 and dropping..
Apr 4, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
I run the tokico springs and TEMS struts.....I love it. My friend OSOFAST7M uses the HKS Struts (which) have a Tokico stamp on them.

grassside.jpg

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
i have Eibach springs with Bilstein struts, i recently screwed my car up (if you see me posting for parts in the forums :p ) but thankfully before i installed these new ones because one o my tems struts almost bent in half, spraying oil all over.

also have ST sway bars, rear strut brace (from suprasport.com), LIPP rear traction arms, and the front brace Suprasport sells... once i figure a way to mount it ( bolt in, my ass :p )

worried about lowering the back :p, my HKS already scrapes and it wasn't lowered before

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
I have stock springs with TEMS and new stock toyota struts. What would be the best lowering spring that tems compatible? I was looking into ST....any thing about those with TEMS?