Milo's Booster Seat...

xxxotiknightz

Boomer
May 23, 2006
NORCAL
www.cardomain.com
It's called lost wax casting. but I am interested in ow he plans to do this part with all the interior channels needed. BSG, it looks like you might be makeing this a little more complicated than it really has to be.

xxxotiknightz

Boomer
May 23, 2006
NORCAL
www.cardomain.com
MKIII-DRIFTKING said:
Hey Unique-ness and custom parts is what sets you apart from the rest, but it doesn't come cheap!!!

Well, when I say complicated I'm not real sure you can make a manifold useing lost wax. Manifolds are usually done useing sand castings with the internal passages madeout of sand and then vibrated out after casting. Only way i can think that he could make it useing wax would to make it from wax and dipping it in ceramic and melting the wax out top make the mold. I'm just lost as to how he plans to get the ceramic out of the airways.

MKIII- what are you doing up a 7:30 in the morning on the computer, you should be out working on the sup.

88tsupra

Mar 21, 2007
long beach
no rim is not dirty just bad cell phone camera.

can't wait to see your FFIM. Maybe then I can try and make my own in the future.

N e other new toys. if not I'm going to have to bust a mission and take your rims while you sleep lol.:icon_evil

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
xxxotiknightz said:
Are you plannin on blasting it, or just kinda diggin at it?

The casting should be smooth enough that I hope it will separate pretty easily, but yes, I will carefully dig at it, sandblast, powerwash, whatever works.
Getting to that stage is the bigger concern right now.

Emp- No need to spy, I am not hiding anything.

88t- Any new toys I get will wait till the Sup is running. Unfortunately, I am not able to turn down free vehicles.;)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I don't think the wax will be able to withstand the heat of the engine with that big ass'd turbo.............:rolleyes:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
That would look dead sexy. Maybe you could put some sort of blue neon dye in your intercooler and then you could see it flow through your intake.............SWEEEET!!!!!!!!!

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
xxxotiknightz said:
MKIII- what are you doing up a 7:30 in the morning on the computer, you should be out working on the sup.

I've been working on it :naughty: I was just working on it this morning. I'll have pics soon. I'm at work now.

empera said:
miguel we might hafta go up there and spy on him.

I'm up for it!!! I wanna see the beast :D

suprahero said:
That would look dead sexy. Maybe you could put some sort of blue neon dye in your intercooler and then you could see it flow through your intake.............SWEEEET!!!!!!!!!

That's a great idea. Who can do this? Go and do one just to see how it comes out :D

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
buckshotglass said:
I made a glass FFIM today.:) It aint pretty, but it is in the oven. It will be cooled down enough to see on Wed morning.
What the hell you wasting time make a glass ffim when you should be getting this project moving towards being done.:icon_evil j/k
It will be cool to see a glass ffim.:biglaugh:

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
suprahooked said:
What the hell you wasting time make a glass ffim when you should be getting this project moving towards being done.:icon_evil j/k
It will be cool to see a glass ffim.:biglaugh:

He's lying, its just a 6 person bong.