Milo's Booster Seat...

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
buckshotglass said:
Other great news, Tookwik4u89 came up with a great spark solution. He is officially the man for that.:evil2:

And only 2 more months til cams come in..........:cry: :3d_frown: :nono: :cry: :icon_evil :nono: :3d_frown: :cry:

wesbeech

Beech Performance Motorsports
Feb 26, 2006
Akron Ohio
buckshotglass said:
Swaq- keep watching , I guess.:aigo:

Freak- You sold your car, right?;)

Some great news about a group buy I was just in on, my BIC rear sub frame spacers got here. Thanks again Randy! I should have the Rear sub frame back in on Sundayish.
bic.jpg

Other great news, Tookwik4u89 came up with a great spark solution. He is officially the man for that.:evil2:

How much were the subframe bushings?

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
I said Sundayish I think, so just settle down. Now maybe mondayish I'll put it in. I was hurrying for the cams arrival, but again that's pointless. I still really want the car back on the ground.
Other people make cams. I will figure something out. :icon_bigg
I got a head cold, so until I get the snot out of my head, the sanding/painting is not happening. Actually maybe a little laquer thinner would clean me out...:cry:

Some good news, tonight is clock changing day! Spring is here, around here. :biglaugh:

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
Sorry to be a noob here, but what do the subframe bushings do? They look awfully simple for $120 :)
And whats up with the cams?
I totally missed whatever happened. Wasn't there a group buy? Or something?

jz*supra

Jan 14, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
Basicaly sub frame bushings make for a stiffer mounting point. stock bushings are soft and compress causing wheel hop. stiffer bushings = less wheel hop and a firmer feel.

I am most likey also going to be buying these bushings. However i am curious about removing the subframe and swaping the bushings. I no in the group buy it says it can be done in 2 hours. How realistic is that? I am also considering having the subframe braced. I am told they brake easily on high hp cars. But i dont no what needs to be braced. Can sum1 fill me in a bit more. Pics would be great.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
buckshotglass said:
Swaq- keep watching , I guess.:aigo:

Freak- You sold your car, right?;)

Some great news about a group buy I was just in on, my BIC rear sub frame spacers got here. Thanks again Randy! I should have the Rear sub frame back in on Sundayish.
bic.jpg

Hey, can't wait to take a ride on your car with these. I wanted to go with them, but it said that noise/vibration was more present with these, so I didn't like that. Keep up the good work.

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
jz is correct. My sub was already out when the group buy started, but 2 hours is not that far off I bet. Maybe plan on half a day, if you are as unorganized as I am. There are pics earlier in this thread of the whole unit out. I will take more as it goes back in.

Kyle- I wish they were cheaper too. It costs to make stuff, and I can't make nylon. Mostly, I just hate waiting for parts.

Thanks Driftking- I agree on the ride thing. In terms of the stiffness, everything is a tradeoff. I am keeping the soft stock seats for ride comfort.:)
Thanks for the 90turbo sub link, I was going to look for that for jz.
Edit... I just saw the pic of Kurt's (90Turbo) sub frame. That won't work for me, but it does give me some ideas.

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
jz*supra said:
Basicaly sub frame bushings make for a stiffer mounting point. stock bushings are soft and compress causing wheel hop. stiffer bushings = less wheel hop and a firmer feel.

I am most likey also going to be buying these bushings. However i am curious about removing the subframe and swaping the bushings. I no in the group buy it says it can be done in 2 hours. How realistic is that? I am also considering having the subframe braced. I am told they brake easily on high hp cars. But i dont no what needs to be braced. Can sum1 fill me in a bit more. Pics would be great.
Thanks for the info!
I might have to look into these myself in the near future.

jz*supra

Jan 14, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
So from looking at that picture, and if i remember corectly, the 4 pipes are welded to were the diff mounts to the subframe? then those 4 pipes are braced with 4 more pipes? So when people brake their subframes does the diff twist and crack itself loose or something?