Milo's Booster Seat...

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
we're gonna have some more nice mk3s in PA this year ;)
Dont worry guys my "build" thread will come soon...it'll be a picture of before and after. lol

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
buckshotglass said:
Freak, that excel thing sounds really depressing. I would never have started all this with #'s like that. OK, lemme see it. PM it to me or something.
Haha, I'm a finance major what do ya expect? I emailed it to ya BTW.

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
Justin- Post up a link when you get to ricer.dot.com. :)

Chris, I'm seriously considering your idea. I already got some potential parking brake parts in the mail today. I just need to make two brackets, and two spacers. Time will tell if this works out...:icon_conf They would only be for parking, not emergency stops.
That rotor is from ARZ (Andy) fyi.

ebrakeish.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Looking good Buckshot. I'm loving the painted lsd. Looks like the old school chrome ones I used to see around here on old camaros and stangs............lol

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
buckshotglass said:
Justin- Post up a link when you get to ricer.dot.com. :)

Chris, I'm seriously considering your idea. I already got some potential parking brake parts in the mail today. I just need to make two brackets, and two spacers. Time will tell if this works out...:icon_conf They would only be for parking, not emergency stops.

ebrakeish.jpg

Ah, I know what your gonna do ;). That should work as long as you fab up a good, rigid bracket. BTW, no pink pumpkin?

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
Hero- Just the black is painted. The cover is just really clean. I don't want you thinking it's some chrome paint.:nono:
cleancover.jpg

Starscream- I ran out of that pink, and it turns out they stopped making it.:3d_frown:
I can't wait to see how I hack together some brackets with my arc welder.:naughty:

Arz- Any thoughts?

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
buckshotglass said:
I already got some potential parking brake parts in the mail today. I just need to make two brackets, and two spacers. Time will tell if this works out...:icon_conf They would only be for parking, not emergency stops.

ebrakeish.jpg

Pretty sure I'm retarded, but whatcha got there?

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
2kV6 said:
Pretty sure I'm retarded, but whatcha got there?
That's the parking brake "caliper"
It's not for emergency stops, as he stated, just clamps the rotor real tight, and probably has little to no friction material.

Looks good Dave! Time will indeed tell on that brake. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
starscream5000 said:
Do you think that tiny caliper will hold all of the car's weight though? You're just using one correct?
There will be two of them. If I can figure out how to mount them, they might work for a while.

2kV6- ^^Supra90turbo is correct.

HPF Kyle- Thanks for checking in! Only you can get this thread moving again. Cams are what it's all about. :cry:
Thanks in advance for whatever you can do to get cams shipped out.
Milo is taking it the worst. Ever since the other day, he has this evil look like he's going to eat me. It's kinda scary.
evilmilo.jpg

Kurt- yeah, the "pads" are pretty small. I think they might work pretty good as a parking brake, I just will need to watch closely that they aren't wrecking my new rotors.
Has anyone put a mini rotor on the drive shaft? That's what these are really for. I didn't rule that out yet either.

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
Yea I have see those and would never consider them in a kit that looks and works this good. As is the similar Wilwood brake that looks almost identical (except for the color). Remember I commented on these before? http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=404518&postcount=150
They are very cheaply designed (no offence). Probably more suited for a go-cart.

I know all about those and have tested them on other applications and when not applied they rattle like loose lugnuts inside a cheap hubcap, or little pieces are going to fall out of the wheels. On a dirt driveway they are turely annoying.

Buckshotglass said:
They would only be for parking, not emergency stops.
There are no such thing as Emergency brakes in cars today. They havent been in cars since the 20's. All the hand or auxilary brakes used in cars today are specifically for parking.

Last edited:

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
Arz- I kinda figured you would say that. I'm am not overly impressed with these calipers, that's for sure. I do need to do something. If my car was not turbo, I wouldn't even bother. I'm trying to avoid turning the car off hot, in an effort to make my turbo last a little longer.

Starscream- Yes a line loc will work for short periods of time. As far as the calipers know, it's just like you were still standing on the brakes. Which is why it works well, and also why you don't want to leave it on for any length of time.
I will probably run a hyd line loc on the front for fun, and some kind of mechanical set up in the rear, for actual parking. I need to get my rear subframe back in in order to see clearly what I need to do.

90- Yes it would. Need to find, or make room.

Freak- He's possessed. Eagles are going all the way, next time.

Last edited: