Milo's Booster Seat...

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
It's toasty in my shop.:icon_evil
I finally actually got the parking brake cables out (it's easy when you know how!) so the rear subframe could be dragged out.
subout.jpg

I took it out because of this mess:

lsdrust.jpg

It's pretty much apart now.
axlesout.jpg

lsdout.jpg

So, I guess sandblasting is next.
This is a current under pic..
undernosub.jpg

and over.
212car34.jpg

I can almost smell the cams.:cry:

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
buckshotglass said:
90- Kurt, cut it all out, it's the only way. You saw the hole I cut, just do that.:)

<<snip>>

The rear bracket is just tacked together, but here is a preview. I think it uses the trailer hitch mounting point.
cellreartacked.jpg
Ah, good. I'll use something like your setup. Mine will be a bit different, as my cell is quite a bit smaller, so hopefully I'll have some mock-up pics posted up tonight!!! I was wondering how I was going to do it, as my rear bumper is off, along with the support... now that I see it has threaded holes, I'll use it to my advantage :)

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
I know, I know. Nice drawing, lol. My cute little fuel pump goes right in front of that, so that box or whatever I make for over there, will be half interior for the battery side, and the fuelpump area separate, but enclosed somehow.
I'm still mulling that over. Get yours done so I can just copy it.;)

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
mull it over. i didn't get ass done on my car. went out to dinner with friends, and practiced welding when I got home.
I need a welder for my garage :(
I can't wait till I have a garage at my house so I can go outside whenever I feel like it instead of driving 15 minutes, firing up the heat, waiting for it to warm up, then deciding I don't feel ambitious enough.. lol

I've got a pretty good idea of how I'm gonna do it. I'm not gonna have any nawzz, but my optima red top is going to sit to the right of the cell. I think I'm going to put it up in the car to the right of the cell, in the far RH Rear corner.

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
K so any more progress? haha...whats next on your to-do list? I guess its sandblasting the subframe and powdercoating it? Then what? The interior?

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
So, just wondering after seeing that badass painting in your engine bay, how much would you charge for a regular paintjob just to make her one color and shiney again?

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
I have been watching your build. Your fuel cell install has been some thought of mine as I am putting in a 15 Gal. ASA LS1 Car ATL cell myself. No offense intended but your cell install has some issues. First, you weakened your frame by drilling holes for bolts. Second, you used parallel tubes. It would have been better to use perpendicular tubes to mount your cell. In a rear end collision, your rear suspension takes all of the impact an largely increases the chance of "totalling" your car. Instead of using a crumple zone where only the body takes the impact.

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
Freak, glad you are back, you freak. ha!

2kV6- If you were local, which you are, and you wanted a backyard paint job (in my barn,) and my car was running and out of my shop, and you supplied lots of labor, and all material costs, it would not cost much. The spraying time is minimal when compared to the prep time. Let me know when you get closer.

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
SySt said:
I have been watching your build. Your fuel cell install has been some thought of mine as I am putting in a 15 Gal. ASA LS1 Car ATL cell myself. No offense intended but your cell install has some issues. First, you weakened your frame by drilling holes for bolts. Second, you used parallel tubes. It would have been better to use perpendicular tubes to mount your cell. In a rear end collision, your rear suspension takes all of the impact an largely increases the chance of "totalling" your car. Instead of using a crumple zone where only the body takes the impact.

Thank you for looking, I have much respect for your build.
The frame I made for the cell will crumple, it's really light box tubing, but you are right, the subframe is weak to begin with, and may take some impact. The area is much stronger than it was, but not rigid.
Thought #2, I only drilled one hole. Once everything is bolted together, it is just as strong as it was. The Toyota metal isn't that great to begin with.

jz*supra

Jan 14, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
Sorry this is off topic. But i am curious to no how you tell an original racing hks wastegate from a copy. Is it simply the HKS logo on top? I do not know if my wastegate is an hks or a copy. I would like to know so I actualy no what i am using in my car, and get real specs on it. Any disadvanges to the copyd wastegate? I can get pics if anyone wants to see it.

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
jz*supra said:
Sorry this is off topic. But i am curious to no how you tell an original racing hks wastegate from a copy. Is it simply the HKS logo on top? I do not know if my wastegate is an hks or a copy. I would like to know so I actualy no what i am using in my car, and get real specs on it. Any disadvanges to the copyd wastegate? I can get pics if anyone wants to see it.

Um, sorry but I have no clue. I don't think I have a hks or a copy. Mine is the real deal. Read my thread, search, or ask again in the engine section that most closely resembles what is under your hood.;)
thanks.

Last edited: