Making a living

faithless88

Sep 6, 2007
Utah
Just wanted to see what people do to make a living here

I'll start with me,
working at UPS as a loader $9/hr w benfits(full medical,vision,rx,dental) possible withing the year to be making $12/hr part time.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I hold three seperate positions @ Santa Fe Community College, and go to school there full time as well. I make $10/hr in the PC Shop as the Technical Manager, and $15/hour at both other positions - Senior Technician for the East Gainesville Initiative and for the TECH Program.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Enterprise Architect for one of the largest companies in the world and have several small businesses on the side. As for the pay, I don't feel comfortable posting that publicly. It's adequate. ;)

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
honestly. Im a warehouse manager/student. All I do allllll fuckin day like today is watch movies on my dvd player, flirt with the office girls and yell at my delivery guys for poor workmanship.

ok, i dont yell at them, for I am one of the coolest fuckin boss' in all the land, but if they fuck up, i let them know by making them do something gay like cleaning the bathroom.

and i do lots and lots of paperwork.

it pays well, but its not what i want to be. I am an aspiring political science/history/government high school teacher..so thats my goal :)

the end.

Last edited:

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
I work for Honda at a dealership. Im a porter/lead oil change tech.

$9/hr with as much overtime as I can work, at $13.5/hr

I want more, and Im working at it, but it gets me by.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Johnny Dangerously said:
honestly. Im a warehouse manager/student. All I do allllll fuckin day like today is watch movies on my dvd player, flirt with the office girls and yell at my delivery guys for poor workmanship.

ok, i dont yell at them, for I am one of the coolest fuckin boss' in all the land, but if they fuck up, i let them know by doing something gay like cleaning the bathroom.

and i do lots and lots of paperwork.

it pays well, but its not what i want to be. I am an aspiring political science/history/government high school teacher..so thats my goal :)

the end.

So when they screw up, you go clean the bathrooms? :rofl:

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Supracentral said:
Enterprise Architect for one of the largest companies in the world and have several small businesses on the side. As for the pay, I don't feel comfortable posting that publicly. It's adequate. ;)
That sounds like a cool job. :)

I'm a software engineer. I haven't graduated yet but I've been on a couple internships. Made $22.75/hour at one, $19/hour ($28.50 overtime) at the other. I expect to make much more once I get a permanent position. I need to start looking...

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Civil Engineering. Technically I'm an intern(part-time) but I've been interning for 2 years...

I'm about ready to find something else to do. I don't think I'm going to end up being an engineer.