Making a living

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
im a student. i work part time bullshit jobs that dont pay enough, but after college i should be able to land a well paying job.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
Full time school and part time work, about $80-$85 an hour. I work at a body shop.

haha, yes, maybe if you say I only work a few hours a week!

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Parts Advisor, Toyota Dealership

It pays adequately, I'm on salary so there is no hourly wage. The employee price discount is nice.

I used to do web development full time and then part time, and now whenever I feel like it but not all that often.

I don't think I'll stay at Toyota forever, I'll likely go back to school for some sort of University degree in a couple years, but I want to finish my AE86 restoration while I can still get staff discounts, and body shop discounts, and other discounts, haha.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
I design waste water treatment plants and do general drafting for a very large engineering design company. Pay is nice, more than adequate, and it's a nice place to work with nice people.

It's not really what I want to do forever, I have a background in mechanical engineering and I want something based more in small parts design, like engines and stuff. Working for an engineering design firm is a job filled with endless mountains of political bullshit and deskjockey egos.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
I'm a Service Manager at an independant shop in Oakland, CA. I make about $47,000 per year, which is NOTHING in the Bay Area. If I made the same amount in Oklahoma (where I'm from) I'd be pretty well off.

Such is life.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Automotive engineering and management student. It's basically Mechanical engineering with some auto courses and a business year. 5 years total. I'm looking into internships and relative summer employment for this summer.

To pay for this years school and car parts I worked for my uncles landscaping company on some millionaire houses. It payed well ($15/hr and 65+ hrs per week) and it was the best exercise I have ever had. Like a job and gym membership all in one. lol In the 9 weeks I worked there I made over $9000.

yankiwi

Aug 27, 2005
DFW
I am a Captain for a large regional airline.

Pay is good, but the main perks are lots of time off, and I don't feel like I have a job, more like a hobby with a good paycheck!!!

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
i make about 50k a year by hoeing myself out to 1000 fat chicks for 50 bucks a piece...easy money...fat women need loving too you know.

lol jk i make $8.55 an hour as a cashier at walmart, it gets me by..id like something different but i have a feeling that im stuck at walmart til i finish college...walmart really isnt that bad though, decent pay for my area min wage is 5.15 good benefits, im satisfied i guess.

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
I think this has been done before?

Forensic Computer Expert. Recently I have been helping rid the world of Child Predators.

Pay is good when I can get a case. Lawyers are still learning about this new industry.
This month has been good. Last month not so good :(. I figure about 6 months to 1 more year and I will have a good flow of cases. :)

I also used to make SM stickers at cost, and currently am doing photo enlargemnts for basicly no money.. If the big printer was not a hobbie I would kill myself..

Last edited: