making a lhd supra rhd (slightly NWS)

hks_trinidad

Aug 25, 2006
nyc
hey guys i was just wondering what it would take to convert a lhd supra to rhd i know theres no advantages to it but i was just curious as to how one would go about doing a swap like that? would you need a front clip or just harness and dash? thanks

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Cut your old fire wall out, put the RHD one in, swap the steering racks, flip the body harness and switch the door harnesses, put the RHD dash in, and put the steering wheel back in.

IJ. said:
Why on earth would you bother?
To be more like you? :dunno:

That being said, I'm doing it to mine. Lol. Only reason is because I got the clip for free and the swap done for an incredible discount, probably free also. :evil2:

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
in the end itd probably look better and be safer if you just bought a rhd to begin with.

SupraChrisMk3

New Booster
Feb 8, 2006
Salisbury, Vermont, United States
IJ. said:
Why on earth would you bother?

Really. Unless you are just trying to make it look like it's a real JDM supra. Which in itself really isn't much of a reason. I just think that it is way to much trouble if all you're trying to do is make the car appear JDM. Not trying to be to harsh or anything but I just don't see the point, but whatever.

werewolves182

is without a supra :(
Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
Honestly I dont see it being terribly complicated. As long as you get an empty RHD clip (without engine and trans) and you are a decent welder it shouldnt be too bad. The RHD clip gives you everything you need. Its basicly just pulling the motor and interior, cutting and welding the RHD firewall in and swapping over all the RHD parts.

I personally have always wanted to do it.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
werewolves182 said:
Honestly I dont see it being terribly complicated. As long as you get an empty RHD clip (without engine and trans) and you are a decent welder it shouldnt be too bad. The RHD clip gives you everything you need. Its basicly just pulling the motor and interior, cutting and welding the RHD firewall in and swapping over all the RHD parts.

I personally have always wanted to do it.
WHY?

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Dont forget you have to swap the upper firewall also under the window so your wippers work right.
Also a RHD MKIII is verry cheap to begin with id just buy the whole car for 5-7000 then switch the parts the redefines the cars identification this is legal if you own both cars! just tell them you repainted it & changed the fire wall/parts DMV will accept it if proven and can provide evidence or paper work. They will use the special rivets for it also.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
ricernd4.jpg

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
I personally wanted to do this bc of one, the inability to afford a rhd vehicle and two its not to look JDM to me, its more or less something I think Id like better and a little more unique here stateside. Thats just me though, some people think its stupid but I think itd be a fun project.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
phoenix6 said:
I personally wanted to do this bc of one, the inability to afford a rhd vehicle and two its not to look JDM to me, its more or less something I think Id like better and a little more unique here stateside. Thats just me though, some people think its stupid but I think itd be a fun project.

Just buy a RHD Supra and be done with it.

Duane