making a lhd supra rhd (slightly NWS)

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
To the OP, I was talking to the guy who is gonna do mine, and he said the best bet is to either just drill new holes in the firewall, or cut out a section from the old firewall and weld in a new section from the RHD firewall. He hasn't started yet because the clip still has the engine in it. So I'll let you know the route he takes.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
all the wiring, not to mention the interior (seats are swapped, pedals are swapped, window switches are swapped (and the wiring for them)

just too many things

hks_trinidad

Aug 25, 2006
nyc
thanks for all the comments guys. i know it seems like a useless time consuming project for most of you guys but i guess the reason for the rhd conversion is to be different. it would be different from the rest of the supras in ny i never saw a rhd one in ny.can you really buy a rhd supra and make it street legal? i always thought that you couldnt. would you have to buy it and put the 7m in or the just leave the jz in there?

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
hks_trinidad said:
thanks for all the comments guys. i know it seems like a useless time consuming project for most of you guys but i guess the reason for the rhd conversion is to be different. it would be different from the rest of the supras in ny i never saw a rhd one in ny.can you really buy a rhd supra and make it street legal? i always thought that you couldnt. would you have to buy it and put the 7m in or the just leave the jz in there?

In Canada you can...ask me how I know :biglaugh:

hks_trinidad

Aug 25, 2006
nyc
yeah yeah no need to put it in our faces:cry: your lucky you live in canada you can have the best of both worlds i wish it was like that in the us.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
hks_trinidad said:
yeah yeah no need to put it in our faces:cry: your lucky you live in canada you can have the best of both worlds i wish it was like that in the us.

I don't see why it isn't legal there but oh well.
The MKIV will be available soon and maybe I will buy one cheap to swap a 7M in to it! :naughty:

Duane

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I'm sure this guy was being "different" ;)

penis20art20carpf0.jpg