Lucy - Im home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Funny how boost seems to always hold the owner hostage! Don't get too carried away, I want you to keep it for a good while.

Oh,,,,,,,and I want to feel this 15LBS you speak of. My patience is wearing thin.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
yes, I will go so far as to agree I deserve a little enjoyment from it. I will say I am still kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop, but so far so good. Im really dying to get it on a dyno and see where I stand HP wise, but I will say its been a long damn time since I felt this much power (I would have to go all the way back to my 68 Camaro SS396 to have something to compare it with)

I have to try to keep my foot out of it though with Super at 3.30/gal. I burned a half tank today just testing :(

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
YIKES!

I guess I shouldnt complain then huh?

but I would expect Texas gas prices to be lower. Its about the only good thing I can think of about living here.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Got Boost? said:
$3.15 for premium on my side of town so far.

Pete, you and ken gonna try and make it to the Hooter's meet on Saturday?

Im game for it. I made some progress on my tuning and would love to try it out. I'll go one way or another. Let me know where to find the meet info.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Im trying to sell some of my leftover parts and Im now also liquidating my personal belongings in preparation for going back to the NW. There is no way I want to have to haul all that crap back up there.

Ive got a couple of things in the works right now on Lucy. Im was still having issues with the fuel system and a couple of days ago the fuel pump was failing to turn on when cranking. I had to jumper the diag block to get it to fire, but then it would run once it was started. I looked at the relay and low and behold the plastic part was cracked and when I took it out to look at it I found that brown nasty looking water came out of it. Soooo...I happened to have a spare and put that in and all was good again. In fact it ran better today than it has yet to date.

I also have a replacement Walbro coming as I believe I actually was sold a fake. I bought it from a private seller on ebay, it was brand new never used, but Ive never trusted it. It has never been one to hold fuel pressure after being turned off. The new pump should be here in a few days.

I also ordered a new spring for my WG. the one that is in there is at least a 15lb and I think I remember being told it was a 22lb. Needless to say thats way to high for street use and I have a Greddy controller anyway. I was hoping to be able to afford some rolls of heat wrap this week so I could do my manifold at the same time as I replace the wg spring, but unless some people buy some of my left over parts it doesnt look like thats happening.

Finally, I have a project in the works for my spare targa top. I have had the idea for a long time and Im finally getting the time to complete it. It to requires a few bucks to be comepleted, but its a much smaller amount than the heat wrap so I think I will concentrate on that.

I almost forgot. I also smoked my tail lights and masked them for 2 round openings. on the outside they look like the JDM tails, but when lit up have a completely differnt look. Im quite fond of them and I will try to get a picture or two of them up on here soon.

That is all for now...we now return you to your regularly scheduled supramania drama.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
theWeezL said:
Im trying to sell some of my leftover parts and Im now also liquidating my personal belongings in preparation for going back to the NW. There is no way I want to have to haul all that crap back up there.

Ive got a couple of things in the works right now on Lucy. Im was still having issues with the fuel system and a couple of days ago the fuel pump was failing to turn on when cranking. I had to jumper the diag block to get it to fire, but then it would run once it was started. I looked at the relay and low and behold the plastic part was cracked and when I took it out to look at it I found that brown nasty looking water came out of it. Soooo...I happened to have a spare and put that in and all was good again. In fact it ran better today than it has yet to date.

I also have a replacement Walbro coming as I believe I actually was sold a fake. I bought it from a private seller on ebay, it was brand new never used, but Ive never trusted it. It has never been one to hold fuel pressure after being turned off. The new pump should be here in a few days.

I also ordered a new spring for my WG. the one that is in there is at least a 15lb and I think I remember being told it was a 22lb. Needless to say thats way to high for street use and I have a Greddy controller anyway. I was hoping to be able to afford some rolls of heat wrap this week so I could do my manifold at the same time as I replace the wg spring, but unless some people buy some of my left over parts it doesnt look like thats happening.

Finally, I have a project in the works for my spare targa top. I have had the idea for a long time and Im finally getting the time to complete it. It to requires a few bucks to be comepleted, but its a much smaller amount than the heat wrap so I think I will concentrate on that.

I almost forgot. I also smoked my tail lights and masked them for 2 round openings. on the outside they look like the JDM tails, but when lit up have a completely differnt look. Im quite fond of them and I will try to get a picture or two of them up on here soon.

That is all for now...we now return you to your regularly scheduled supramania drama.

NW aka Seattle or?

Duane

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
upgradedsupra said:
NW aka Seattle or?

Duane

More likely Portland Duane. I have been living in the deserts now for so long that I cant see myself living in Seattle. Im a bit of a depressive to begin with, I think moving to the suicide capital of the US would be a bad idea, lol.
(hey at least Im realistic about my faults, right?)

My family is still scattered throughout the NW and right now my older sister is living in Salem after a split with her husband. She could use my support and I could use hers so I will probably land in Salem when I get there and use that as a base to look for a more permanent situation in Portland.

If it werent for the fact that Bend is so expensive to live in I would move back there. I loved it there.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
just a quick post to show off my new tails and my IC cover.

DSCF1608.JPG

DSCF1614.JPG

DSCF1617.JPG

Might have some news here real soon on something BIG in the works! If it happens I'll let ya all know (those few of you that still read this old thread ;))

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
speed dodici said:
Pete, its just a pipe dream. You can't do it.

Or at least wait till mine is done so I can have a cooler car for at least a few days

LOL! Thats the LAST thing you should have done, telling me I cant do it. Now I pretty much have to prove I can...:biglaugh: ...and dont worry, I wont be anywhere near done by the time you are up and running again.

I dont want to jinx the possible aquisition, but lets just say I should still feel right at home on this forum. :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.