Not open for further replies.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
kylefoto said:
Why are you going NA?
;)

That's not N'A! Look harder at the exhaust manifold..........the turbo is just not there yet. I made the same mistake for a minute, but there's a lot missing in that bay, the project is not complete.

****Edit*******I didn't see the wink unitil it was in grey in my post.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
OK well I guess I will pass along the info I have atm.

The pictures are not of a car Im looking at buying. I took those at a shop my buddy took me to to show me the car that his mechanic was building. We then proceeded to a JDM importers and picked out a 2JZ for me! :) I havent bought anything yet because I basically need to sell Lucy to afford the plan. I am currently planning out a mk2/2JZ build. I have a shell lined up, and motor. Im starting to research the parts I want to go with but my idea for this build is to focus less on horsepower and more on general performance. More emphasis is going into suspension/brakes/controls/comforts/looks. The plan for the drivetrain is a 2JZGE/6spd with the intension of going NA-T after the car is a complete package.

Im thinking a nice Slate/graphite metallic similiar to the "smokey graphite mica" (1G0) http://www.toyotareference.com/1G0_lexus_is_06_smoky_granite_mica
on a shadow grayish leather with a silver gray inset on seats and doors. Stock body lowered on something like this: http://i2.ebayimg.com/06/i/08/be/3b/76_1.JPG

I'll go a big brake kit (wilwood?) some nice coilovers, poly bushings, sway bars, etc.

I want it to handle like a modern sports car, have solid street power and turn heads with clean looks and understated style.

Well thats the new build plan in a nutshell. Im the meantime I think Im going to be getting a daily driver. Possibly an MR2 or a 300zx that Im looking at. Wish me luck!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
johnathan1 said:
Isn't the MK3 suspension more advanced than the MK2?

...and the mk4 suspention is more advanced than the mk3, of course.

But a mk2 with coilovers, swaybars, and a few other updates will perform quite well. Add to that the fact that mk2 is lighter that means less mass pulling the car out of the turn right? I plan to lighten the car as much as possible without sacrificing comfort. An example of that would be to remove the stock sound deadening in favor of a more modern material. I also plan on using aftermarket seats, lightweight wheels, alum. driveshaft etc. Lowering rotating mass will be a goal along with lowering curb weight.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
theWeezL said:
Focus LESS on Horsepower ........... 2JZGE/6spd MKII with the intension of going NA-T after the car is a complete package.

The idea gives me a hard on. I love the MKII, and dream much more about a build like this than I ever dream about a MKIV. I wish you luck SIR!

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
Pete you suck at keeping your ideas secret, ha!

But seriously, flint mica? You're stealing my freaking color. Damn it Pete, damnit. Gah you better move back to the NW sometime, I'd have to have to drive all the way to to frickin houston to see your car. Flint mica??? You bitch! MINE!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Its not FM its SGM! lol. and besides I wasnt going to do just any old color swatch paint, I plan to "tweek" it a bit. I want to push towards a blue/purple pearlescence. I was thinking of doing Navy blue piping on the seats and door inserts. Then under the hood I can do a couple of blue accents to set off the polish work.

These are the wheels Im thinking about. probably cant afford the BBS's so I will look for a similiar wheel in a similiar finish for less $.

http://www.roadfly.com/used-auto-pa..._Diamond_Black_with_Pirelli_P_Zero_Rosso.html

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Yeah John I was that car too and from that moment on its been a back burner plan. I didnt think I would ever have the money for something like that but Ive been trying to think of things Ive always wanted to do and that at the top of the list. The only other car Ive thought seriously about doing is an MR2 turbo or for something really different swapping a 5VZ-FE into an mr2 and supercharging it.

I dont think those options are beyond the realm of possibility for me, but Im in the supra game right now and I think I will stick with it for a while. Im just burned out on the mk3/1JZ thing that everyone and their dog seems to be doing right now. Dont get me wrong its a great setup, but I like to think outside the box when I can.

jmoneydtb

Old Skool Kool Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
sounds nice, i saw 2 black mkii with 2jzgte's at a toyota meet in virginia when i went up there to help a buddy move back to alabama. they were very not fair, one got on it a bit and i had to change my drawers. my buddy has a big single mkiv and didnt want to mess with it.
i can feel ya on the being burned out on the "what everybody else is doing thing. i wanted to do something that not a lot of people do, once i get mine, so i decided to keep it 7m! lol good luck with everything!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
SOLD!

Lucy is awaiting final destination information. From OR/WA to TX to WV.

:wavey:

New project will require a whole new thread.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
upgradedsupra said:
Any more pics of Lucy?

I'll take some last ones before I put her on a transport, but these are the most recent, they were posted in my for sale thread but here they are recorded for all of time lol.

NewLucy1.jpg

NewLucy2.jpg

NewLucy3.jpg

NewLucy4.jpg

NewLucy5.jpg

NewLucy6.jpg

NewLucy7.jpg

DSCF1617.JPG

DSCF1614.JPG

DSCF1608.JPG

I am also going to try to get a couple of videos made to preserve how she runs right now. It sounds like the buyer is planning on going bigger so this is probably the last time she will look like she does.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Lucy is a beautiful car! I'm sad to see it go. I hope you can find it within yourself to emulate Tanya, and still frequent the site while owning a MKII..................Wait......I haven't seen much of Tanya lately either. And........You don't own a MKII yet. Just don't turn you back on us Pete!

So........Who is the lucky new owner?????

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well its now totally official. I got paid today for Lucy and sent the title to the buyer. On monday I need to arrange shipping to West Virginia. I already have a short term replacement car lined up. I have to go to Austin tomorrow to look at it.

ts still a turbo :icon_mrgr , but not a supra ::bhg::

On the way back from the post office, some kid in a riced out Civic was staring me down at a light. I let him get out in front of me about 4 cars and punched it got to his door in a split second and blew off real hard next to him. Im gonna miss doing that...:wtc:

Its gonna be some time before Im back in a Supra. Finding a decent shell isnt all that easy, but I have time so Im just watching the listings trying to find just the right car. If anyone sees a mk2 for sale that is in good to excellent overall condition but with a bad or even no drivetrain please let me know.

My requirements are good clean interior but the front seats dont matter, perfect dash and door vinyl is important. Body needs to be reasonably straight, but a few small dents are acceptable, paint isnt important but a dark color is preferable to a light one. As for drivetrain the only thing I car about is LSD, the rest is getting swapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.