Let's see the michigan supras..

SupraDread

Aug 21, 2006
New York
Sounds like a plan FoolishOne. Your from Jersey aye. I'm a transplant also from N.Y.C.. My fam and I have been here for 3yrs now. Damm I miss the East Coast! Anyway I have a full day but I'm sure we can hook up after your Chem class. My kids are running in the Crim this weekend and have a pizza party at the Pavillion between 5 and 5:30. Again u will have to excuse my ignorance I'm not quite sure how to PM but I will give it a try however, should my attempt fail u can e-mail me at nasenubian@yahoo.com. I'll check it between 4:30 and 5. If I don't go downtown I'll b at home wrenchin'!

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
LouKY said:
No Yooper Supra's, eh? Aw Christ - too bad. I spent 7 years in Houghton at Michigan Tech. No surprise I guess - rwd and turbo would suck climbing a snowy hill, but a little Copper Country Cruise on a summer day would be hard to beat. :icon_bigg

heh. you obviously missed me and "the brown car" during my tenure there....

SupraDread

Aug 21, 2006
New York
Whuts up 92turbo4life. To answer your question I went to Car Quest and got the basic replacement HG and the reason I did that was because of some info posted by Shaef concernig HG according to him a MHG isn't really necessary and the stock HG's hold as well as the MHG's. I did however torque the head down to 75ft.lbs. hope that will b enough. On top of that when I get this car right it will only have a few mods. Which will be 10.5lbs of boost, K&N filter and a 3" exhst. The car will b my daily driver and besides I have seen enough Supra's in Brooklyn kill motors over modding. Speaking of which all most all of the ones that I know in BK have 1JZ motors now. I kind of feel left out when I go back home and darn near everyone has the 1JZ or the 2JZ. My next intended mod hopefully next year will be auto to 5spd conversion. Then the next mod will be to get the 2JZ please believe its the only way to go for serious reliable where did that Supra go!? horsepower. I know of one MKIII now with a 2JZ motor now pushing over 500 horse and over 500ft that's whuts up!! Evo who, but u don't see me though. I digress, yeah stock HG for me and I wanted to avoid AutoZone, Advance Auto or any other discount auto supplier because sometimes their products are suspect. Car Quest is a little more expensive but their products are O.E. quality if not better, can't say the same for those other guys. My HG ran me 89 bucks new timing belt was 30 compared to 18 from Advanced. Nice price from Advanced but suspect to me. Since I do most of my own work I try to get it right the first time without worrying to death about reliablilty issues. I like 92turbo4life nice. I can relate especially since my other car is a Volvo 740turbo. Go turbo or go home!

92turbo4life

Banned
Sep 12, 2005
wherever
NICE
i am doing my build and i should be doen today or tomorw
5 speed swap is not yet done though becasue i need some mroe stuff so ill leav it auto till i get all the stuff
i did a 1.2 torqued to 92
FULL fuel system
62-1 turbo
lexus afm ya know everything....

exactly on my sn..lol i was like hmm i guess this will work.. yeha well i dunno if you have s and g auto but that is all oem and they are amazing.. lol everything within a day.. HOPE to see ya aroud. IM adam and drjonez is adam to so since he was 1st here he can be adam1.. lol

TealMetallicDream

Team Dragst@ Member
Jan 3, 2006
Detroit
lmao
"when the smoke stops, the knock starts"
nice adam. I gotta get off my ass and put my shit back together. At least ill be able to spool 24lbs agin.

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
LouKY said:
No Yooper Supra's, eh? Aw Christ - too bad. I spent 7 years in Houghton at Michigan Tech. No surprise I guess - rwd and turbo would suck climbing a snowy hill, but a little Copper Country Cruise on a summer day would be hard to beat. :icon_bigg

I was in Houghton at Tech from '93-98. Didn't have the Supra back then but did plenty Copper Country cruises. It sucked when they knocked the 55MPH speed limit down to 35MPH for most of the cruise from Hancock to Copper Harbor. Those twisties were amazing compared to what we have here downstate.

I just missed heading up this year to the porcies for a camping trip. Had planned on taking the Supra for some nice open top cruising but my company had other ideas. Maybe I'll make it up there for a fall color tour :)

Headed out to US131 Speedway tonight to spectate. If anyone is out there, watch for a blue MKIII with missing door trim in the parking lot.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
I was there from 88-93 and 94-96, and it was still 55 - never knew they dropped it to 35. :3d_frown: It was bad enough when they made K Day dry. The best were cruises up on my bike, but it doesn't sound like it would be much fun anymore, except for the color cruises, maybe. It's been 8 or more years since I've been there, and might be that long before I get back again, but I miss it sometimes.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
milisakeracing said:
I was in Houghton at Tech from '93-98. Didn't have the Supra back then but did plenty Copper Country cruises. It sucked when they knocked the 55MPH speed limit down to 35MPH for most of the cruise from Hancock to Copper Harbor. Those twisties were amazing compared to what we have here downstate.

I just missed heading up this year to the porcies for a camping trip. Had planned on taking the Supra for some nice open top cruising but my company had other ideas. Maybe I'll make it up there for a fall color tour :)

Headed out to US131 Speedway tonight to spectate. If anyone is out there, watch for a blue MKIII with missing door trim in the parking lot.

funny- i was there from '96-'00. ;)

IMNSHO, the road to and around copper harbor is probably the best ever....i've laid a lot of rubber up there....and even caught air. man i miss it....i haven't been up there in like 2 yrs? maybe more...

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
drjonez said:
funny- i was there from '96-'00. ;)

IMNSHO, the road to and around copper harbor is probably the best ever....i've laid a lot of rubber up there....and even caught air. man i miss it....i haven't been up there in like 2 yrs? maybe more...

Yup, I caught air a few times on the way back. There is a straight with a sudden upward jaunt that immediately goes into a left hand curve on the other side. Also, one of the exits off of Brockway does the same and cars can catch air there too. In fact, that site was used in the last few Lake Superior ProRally events as a media and crowd location :D

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
milisakeracing said:
Yup, I caught air a few times on the way back. There is a straight with a sudden upward jaunt that immediately goes into a left hand curve on the other side. Also, one of the exits off of Brockway does the same and cars can catch air there too. In fact, that site was used in the last few Lake Superior ProRally events as a media and crowd location :D

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh yeah. the jump right before the summit of brockway.....i was there a few times back when they used to allow spectators on the rally stages. i saw cars fly 30+ feet off that one....it was insane.

drifter7126

Boost...till you see God!
Aug 30, 2006
michigan
sup all ya...when are we gonna have a michigan mk3 supra get together???....i'm located in holland, mi....have a mk3 supra with a custom widebody...and running a 1jz twin turbo swap....like to see some more supra's here in mich....

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
drifter7126 said:
sup all ya...when are we gonna have a michigan mk3 supra get together???....i'm located in holland, mi....have a mk3 supra with a custom widebody...and running a 1jz twin turbo swap....like to see some more supra's here in mich....

Holland, eh? I'm right over in Allegan. I've driven the Supra over to Holland and cruised around quite a few times. Wish I'd bumped into you while I was over there. Would love to see the swap. I'm up for getting together pretty much any weekend. There are a few west siders on here maybe we could drag them out of their hiding spots too. Taking the Supra out today for a bath.

Little OT, met a guy that works at Tri-City Toyota when I was in Midland the other day. Caught him backing out of his driveway in an '87 red Supra. Stopped in the middle of the street and chatted for a couple of minutes. Nice guy, said to look him up at the dealership if I needed work done. Forgot to get his name though :(

1jzneil

1jz destroyer
Feb 25, 2006
warren, michigan
hey drifter7126 when did you do your swap ?? how have you been liking it ??
ive had mine for a while but havent had anyone to talk to about it locally.