Let's see the michigan supras..

92turbo4life

Banned
Sep 12, 2005
wherever
i find it funny they said i had 5 kids in ma car. itys was me my bud n ma gurl thats it. anywyas i cruise i dont really race. but when im with shane we just ride normally. i go to gratiot to beat up on rice and woodward to look at the high powered cars:)
anywyas i am slow idc but when i rebuild and do everything i want to do then well see whos slow....
thanks doc that made my day

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
wooooooooooooo! did you crack one of those fabulous ebay manifolds? ;)

i yanked the gas tank + rear subframe from my "new" black car this weekend....installed a few nylon bushings too....i've got a long way to go.

LoveMy7MGTE

Nov 24, 2005
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
drjonez said:
wooooooooooooo! did you crack one of those fabulous ebay manifolds? ;)

i yanked the gas tank + rear subframe from my "new" black car this weekend....installed a few nylon bushings too....i've got a long way to go.
what year is your "new" one doc? and when are you comming over help me get my POS running? I'm not saying she doesnt look great sitting in my driveway, but she'd look much much better cruising down the street under her own power, as opposed to me pushing my great white whale.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
LoveMy7MGTE said:
what year is your "new" one doc? and when are you comming over help me get my POS running? I'm not saying she doesnt look great sitting in my driveway, but she'd look much much better cruising down the street under her own power, as opposed to me pushing my great white whale.

'87.

drop me a line and we'll chat about getting yours up and running...

92turbo4life

Banned
Sep 12, 2005
wherever
shit i would but i got a leak in the radiaotor and thermestat problem.... maybe a bhg. i would ride along though.. in what i have no clue/.///

Erkenz

Apr 25, 2006
Michigan
Hello, I'm a new member here. I live in Grand Rapids and I own a red 88'Turbo. It's in pretty good condition, grey cloth interior, fuzion ZRI tires. I'm currently getting the engine rebuilt by accurate engines in grandville, and will have it back in the car very soon. Hope to see you all on the road!! :evil:

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
Erkenz said:
Hello, I'm a new member here. I live in Grand Rapids and I own a red 88'Turbo. It's in pretty good condition, grey cloth interior, fuzion ZRI tires. I'm currently getting the engine rebuilt by accurate engines in grandville, and will have it back in the car very soon. Hope to see you all on the road!! :evil:

Welcome! I'm just south of you down here in Allegan.

I've only had my '87 since February and it has been stored since that time. With the warmer weather I've started sorting it out. The good news is, I finally have a full set of the OEM "sawblades", I've figured out which part of the speedo cable is broke (the small one under the car), and found a loose connection in the intercooler plumbing that was most likely causing the fuel cut at 4k+. Bad news is I checked the tolerances on the turbo yesterday and it is shot. It is so bad, I can't believe it was actually making any boost. :aigo: So now I have two choices rebuild/replace or sell the car and work on a different project. Haven't decided yet.

Edit: Anyone have a spare, good, CT26 laying around and also the small speedo cable that goes between the main cable and transmission for a '87 MkIII 5spd?

Last edited:

suprasai89

Mar 30, 2005
Michigan
ok, here is mine. Not quite there yet...

edit: picture shows the wrong date. :)

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 100_0694.jpg
    100_0694.jpg
    469.5 KB · Views: 30