LED Tail Lights and Front turns

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
Just to let you all know, This thread is not to sell my LED light kits just to tell you about what I can do, IF ALLOWED! My sale thread was locked :( . I'm not sure why but I am trying to find out.
I am planning on buying the new flasher unit that Tekdeus brought to my attention. Thank you

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
You have to get permission from a supermod or admin to start a thread of a group buy/vendor type nature. Just part of the rules....:)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
no, seriously, high powered LED's (like the first ones used for headlights on prototypes) would get too hot and overheat...

they had small fans to keep them cool...

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
Poodles said:
no, seriously, high powered LED's (like the first ones used for headlights on prototypes) would get too hot and overheat...

they had small fans to keep them cool...
I tested everything previousely on a proto-board. I had the led running for more then an hour and they never got hot enough to hurt you when you touch them.
I am not using highpowered reverse light like 1 watters. I'm using 70ma LEDs

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
88YotaTurbo said:
As far as pricing It would be pricey but no where near Clearcorners price of $2000 just for the rears. I would sell them in kits that would be ARR (Almost Ready to Run) Since some of the work would be install.
New tails from champion toyota are about $300 a set for pre89 and $340 post89
Front Turns from Champion Toyota are about $150 a set pre89 and $120 post89
LEDS, PWM, Voltage REG, PC Board, ETC. anywhere from 50-$150 depending on specials and availability.
I think I would charge about $400-500 I guess.
Total cost estimate maybe 700-1200 depending on if the buyer supplies a core for retrofiting or not.

There will also be some options such as Smoked Rear Turn lenses (which I did and Looks SEXY), Custom Design and LED layout pattern (This would effect price a lot, since I would have to make a one off PC Board), LED Effect ex. Sweeping in and out, Sequential movement (this would run a little more then making a custom pattern because I will need an additional electrical circuit for effects and individual wiring.)

What do you think of the preliminary costs?

From a buying standpoint I would definatley not spend $1200 on tails. It would probably work better for people to send you their lights IMO.