LED Tail Lights and Front turns

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
i can imagine... youre a braver man than i. all i had planned on was using the prefab project pcb's... and eating the extra cost. but i wouldnt be using as many LED's as you did, so that might offset it a little.

hey, actually, maybe you could do the LED boards im thinking of, with G35 coupe-style rings and illuminating centers for the brake lights using 10mm led's.

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
Dude making pc boards is easy. if you need help I can guide you, but like I said before they are a pain in the ass because it is so repetitive it kills you.

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
akito said:
Very nice and bright brake lights. I like your reverse though, they are SUPER BRIGHT!!! Love em.
I need to see behind me you know. I also think it's the viewing angle of the leds are wide. They do make your pupils close pretty fast though. ;)

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
CUT????? What you don't have to cut nothing.
DUDE my lights are mainly plug and play. I made it like oem. All connector and stock. And the fronts are 100% plug and play.

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
Poodles said:
The reason the clearcorners tails are so expensive is because the entire lense is brand new, and NOT a conversion...
Oh I know but I could make them for people for more then half that price. Including getting new OEM enclosers also the Fronts. Anyone interested?

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
The Flasher Is not really an issue. Can be fixed easily with some Load resistors installed. Like an additional 20-40 dollars depending on how many are needed 2 or 4. So I spent a lot time on these and they are mainly plug and play.
How much do you think they are worth in new condition? What is a good Selling price>?

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
how many hours did you put into it is what youll have to consider.

i usually charge $40/hr for general labor if i dont already have a set price for jobs like R&R engines, or guage installs, boost controller installs, etc.

it took me an hour to do an LED conversion on this climate control i have and i planned to sell the CC for parts+labor+original component price.

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
Dude you should sell these on Ebay or something. I want a pair for mine, but its the newer tail lights. (91) Make a big difference? Redesign? Shoot me a complete package price for front and back. I can even send you my tails to use. I will have my car down for a while pretty soon, because I am installing a stand alone, and have to change the entire harness and everything, then try and get er running again and tuned....going to be a PITA!

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
very awesome project....even better that it ended up working out perfectly.

as you've already stated, a few resistors inline should bring the blinking speed back in line.

if you want to reproduce it a reasonable cost, i would recommend looking into any of the online PCB mfgs. many have simple software you use to lay out your board, you then submit it to them and they cut it for you. it would end up saving you time in the long run.

well done!

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
AaronsSupraMKIII said:
Dude you should sell these on Ebay or something. I want a pair for mine, but its the newer tail lights. (91) Make a big difference? Redesign? Shoot me a complete package price for front and back. I can even send you my tails to use. I will have my car down for a while pretty soon, because I am installing a stand alone, and have to change the entire harness and everything, then try and get er running again and tuned....going to be a PITA!
Yeah the 89 up tails are completely different inside. It would be a whole new design. I have seen two other people who have made 89 plus LED tails. I'm not sure if they are selling them however, Look for "Tekdeus" as a user name. Or scroll up and look for more of his posts :)

foreverpsycotic said:
Holy shit man, those are bright. Looking good.
I told you they would be. Now you want them Right?

Last edited: