LED Tail Lights and Front turns

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
As far as pricing It would be pricey but no where near Clearcorners price of $2000 just for the rears. I would sell them in kits that would be ARR (Almost Ready to Run) Since some of the work would be install.
New tails from champion toyota are about $300 a set for pre89 and $340 post89
Front Turns from Champion Toyota are about $150 a set pre89 and $120 post89
LEDS, PWM, Voltage REG, PC Board, ETC. anywhere from 50-$150 depending on specials and availability.
I think I would charge about $400-500 I guess.
Total cost estimate maybe 700-1200 depending on if the buyer supplies a core for retrofiting or not.

There will also be some options such as Smoked Rear Turn lenses (which I did and Looks SEXY), Custom Design and LED layout pattern (This would effect price a lot, since I would have to make a one off PC Board), LED Effect ex. Sweeping in and out, Sequential movement (this would run a little more then making a custom pattern because I will need an additional electrical circuit for effects and individual wiring.)

What do you think of the preliminary costs?

Last edited:

89TurboPC

May 10, 2007
Beach Cities, SoCal
88YotaTurbo said:
The Flasher Is not really an issue. Can be fixed easily with some Load resistors installed. Like an additional 20-40 dollars depending on how many are needed 2 or 4. So I spent a lot time on these and they are mainly plug and play.
How much do you think they are worth in new condition? What is a good Selling price>?

Just say NOOOOO to load resistor. It's fairly easy to modify. I have very detail on how to modify it on my LED thread or you can get the one posted by tekdeus

If any of you guys want to do it, hit me up on PM

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
Poodles said:
LED's DO overheat though...

If you're using the wrong resistor values.

I'm going to do the 89+ tail lights so if it's repeatable I might offer plug and play kits. I dunno.... working in a machine shop now so making "production" lights might be attainable.

Nice work 88YotaTurbo

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
AaronsSupraMKIII said:
Dude you should sell these on Ebay or something. I want a pair for mine, but its the newer tail lights. (91) Make a big difference? Redesign? Shoot me a complete package price for front and back. I can even send you my tails to use. I will have my car down for a while pretty soon, because I am installing a stand alone, and have to change the entire harness and everything, then try and get er running again and tuned....going to be a PITA!
If you send me your own lights to use post 89 I would need about 4 weeks to design and build them. I could do the job for $800 including return shipping to you.

This Goes for anyone wanting Post 89 Tails and front Turns providing you supply the housings
Package would include ;
Plug n Play Front Turn Signals (amber)
Rear Tail Lamp assembly LED Retrofit (design to your approval)
PWM Regulator (assembled and in weather tight box) this is for brake light feature
New Flasher Module to fix Hyper Flash
Detailed Instructions and Step By Step photos for install of rear lamps , including bypassing you tail lamp failure circuit.

Same For pre 89 But price will be $700 for now if you provide your light housings
Anyone wanting New Light housing will add $400 to total. Same wait time however. I should be able to get at least one set out every two weeks providing the speed of shipping and the delay time for the items i ill need to purchase for your LED lighting.

Last edited:

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
I'd like to see what the 89+ tails would look like. I'm also interested in LED pre89 turns; yellow instead of amber though, only because I'd like my car to be electric blue pearl (05+ Evo) and amber doesnt work as well with that color I dont think. I'd like to keep factory flasher speed though; also, if it could look like one solid color, that would be cool. Not as much of a fan of all the little individual lights

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
I can do yellow and make it have the same flasher speed. All the videos I have to not have the new flasher unit so the speed is faster. With the new flasher installed the speed doesn't change and it is the same as stock.
Also placing the PC Board further back in the lenses will make the light blended better and not show individual LEDs. If you want to send your front turns with wire harness to me I can do them for $250 plus return shipping. If you want new toyota lenses I can do it for $400 plus shipping.
This package would include
Front Turns Plug and Play
New Flasher module to maintain flash speed.