Kwnate's "FTW" build

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Nate, Kamakazi Kams? TED cams? Can I get a link? Are the cams drop in? I mean, can you basically remove your old ones and drop these in while the head is still on?

I need to research these Tiltons... I know there is some kind of modification, just not sure what... From push to pull, or hydrolic or something like that...

Nate, good job... Own the PACIFIC NW! I'll take care of the ATLANTIC SE! :D:D:D

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Reign_Maker said:
Nate, Kamakazi Kams? TED cams? Can I get a link? Are the cams drop in? I mean, can you basically remove your old ones and drop these in while the head is still on?

I need to research these Tiltons... I know there is some kind of modification, just not sure what... From push to pull, or hydrolic or something like that...

Nate, good job... Own the PACIFIC NW! I'll take care of the ATLANTIC SE! :D:D:D

Yes these are TED/aka KK and yes you can drop these in but you will have to do the shims of course ;)

http://www.tedcomponents.com/7mgte.htm

Bang for the buck, these will do a great job and give you good hp gains. :biglaugh: They say up to 40 plus depending on set-up of course. I spoke to him on the phone last week and is a cool guy.
If you really want to go a little bit further, you can get some custom cams made like me or Brian. This guy is also fast at making and shipping the parts!!

PS: Look at the price ;)

Duane

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
T.E.D. SAYS: said:
NOTE: Race prepared Turbo motors will make in excess of 1000HP quite easily with the right combination
SWEET!

So, Nate, did you go with new or reground?

These sound about like what I would want: - 7.70mm/268 duration (best choice, gains of up to 40hp)

How much is $400 canadian? Is that like $40 in real money? ;)

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Hey Jake..smart ass :biglaugh:

Nate went with the ones you are looking at. They are regrinds and are a good price. The total..? Nate can better answer that.

Duane

PS: Not much in a difference BTWfor U.S of EH to Canadian ;)

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Nate, you need to get into your thread and answer my questions, grrr agh ugh! :D:D:D

I have an old set of cams that have some scoring on them, if you remember from my build thread... They arent good to just drop in, but I wonder if they would be good to regrind... The other thing Im wondering about is if I got these done, could I, while the head is still on the car, pull the stock cams out and drop the new TED ones in... I would like to dyno with the stock cams, then drop in the TEDs... Duane, I know you say Id have to shim it, but are you sure? With such a mild lift, I shouldnt, should I?

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Reign_Maker said:
Nate, you need to get into your thread and answer my questions, grrr agh ugh! :D:D:D

I have an old set of cams that have some scoring on them, if you remember from my build thread... They arent good to just drop in, but I wonder if they would be good to regrind... The other thing Im wondering about is if I got these done, could I, while the head is still on the car, pull the stock cams out and drop the new TED ones in... I would like to dyno with the stock cams, then drop in the TEDs... Duane, I know you say Id have to shim it, but are you sure? With such a mild lift, I shouldnt, should I?

I meant by buying new ones/shims. You can't use the exsisting shims since the valve clearance won't be the same ;)

Duane

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Do they come with shims? How much are they? And are the shims those little buckets that sit on the springs? I just dont want to have to take the head off...

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
From what I understand, you don't need to remove the head. You'll need to rotate the crank so that the cylinder you're working on is at tdc so the valves don't fall into the cylinder. I'm letting someone I trust do this for me :)

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
But you're replacing the springs, so you'll be releasing the valve... When you replace the shim, does that release the valve?

BTW: Nate, I wouldnt trust the TDC method, especially if you've already run the motor and seated the valves... The have an adapter that screws into the spark plug, and hooks to an air line, then you use a compressor or compressed air ro fill the cylinder, and that holds the alve in place...

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
kwnate said:
someone else is doing it. So all I'm going to do is sit back and relax :)
man+money1.jpg