Kwnate's "FTW" build

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
So, I've been taking it easy this winter just enjoying all the glory of my Ride of the Year victory :icon_razz Well the time has come to get things going again!!!

So after a little trouble at the track, I was able to skillfully hunt down the problem which was a clutch and flywheel that didn't play well together... After some careful consideration I ended up with this thing:

p534403_1.jpg

p534403_2.jpg

p534403_3.jpg

While I was sitting around doing nothing I also thought that my car could use a little more power. I have a wastegate issue, the car would only hold 27psi! Not good enough for me, needs more. With the boost at 30psi the car should put down close to if not more then 700 at the wheels! But thats not all thats holding me back. While the stock cams were good to me they weren't that good if you know what I mean :) I joined up in that never ending group buy only to drop out 5 days later. I just don't want a build thread that will be waiting on cams :)

So I've been sitting on these for a week now and don't know what to do!

p534403_4.jpg

p534403_5.jpg

- 7.70mm/268 duration The sight claims 40hp increase, but I have a feeling they're being modest :) add that to the fact that I can increase the revs and it should be a totally different car!

Thats all I can really say right now, I bought that 89 NA and guess what! It has a bad hg... So know I'm trying to fix it or droppping in my spare gte :) I don't want to get too carried away as it will take time and money away from my baby:icon_bigg

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Good job Nate! Nice clutch..Jerk...That is my clutch next year :( Gonna be badass when you get it all done! The TED cams will get you more than the 40 gain that they claim. :biglaugh:

Duane

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Who are you? What is this ROTY you speak of? I didn't see your welcome thread. If you're new here, welcome. Good luck with your build, and might I suggest going 1jz.................:biglaugh:

That clutch looks so sweet. I guess your never ending quarter mile runs will be a thing of the past. I know I'm not suppose to bring that up, but I'm not making fun of you, since you are correcting the problem. How much hp is that clutch of the future suppose to hold? It looks like it would hold as much hp as you could possibly throw at it. I can't wait to see your new numbers and make sure they put an extra strap or two on to hold your car back............:bowdown:

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
suprahero said:
I can't wait to see your new numbers and make sure they put an extra strap or two on to hold your car back............:bowdown:
You blue guys and your strap on's....:rolleyes:

Seriously though Nate......use chains this time!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
tookwik4u89 said:
You blue guys and your strap on's....:rolleyes:

Seriously though Nate......use chains this time!

I must say, for a 3E5 owner, that was pretty funny...............:biglaugh:

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
suprahero said:
That clutch looks so sweet. How much hp is that clutch of the future suppose to hold? It looks like it would hold as much hp as you could possibly throw at it. I can't wait to see your new numbers and make sure they put an extra strap or two on to hold your car back............:bowdown:

The Tilton is the best clutch bar none. All the big dogs run this clutch and Nate is in one of them.:biglaugh:

Duane

PS: This clutch costs more than some Supras

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Yeah, I know how much it cost, but if it eliminates all of those bad runs, it is well worth it. What good is 700 hp if your tires only see 350 of them?

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Glad to see this thread resurected man.

I've more than studied/hoped for that clutch on HPF's site and looked at it like a ferrari behind glass.

Excited as hell to see progress on this!

-Luis

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Hey its a ROLM meeting??? You guys have room for a NA guy??? If the answer is no screw off!!!:icon_razz

Nate as always very nice!!! I cant wait to see the new dyno numbers for this year. The next thing you might need to invest in is some custom tie downs for when you dyno to hold that rocket ship down....:biglaugh:

Good luck with everything my friend!!! You make being on the Blue team so easy. Because of you those Damn Red owners will never win......:evil2: Uhhhhhuhhhh huhuhu!!!!:biglaugh: