Kwnate's "FTW" build

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
Well just a little history and we'll get this started. I'm 25 now, back in High school I fell in love with a mk2 supra. Believe it or not, it was blue! Only problem was that it was an AT :3d_frown: So then I decided to get an 84 with a 5spd. She served me well and killed its fair share of hondas. By this time I'd seen a mk3 at school and had to have a turbo! So for a high school graduation present I bought an 89 turbo! It was a 5spd targa car in homo blue as I have come to know it now:biglaugh:
2064884_4_full.jpg

I had the car for a little over a year before my wallet had surcome to speeding tickets, spun bearings and bad headgaskets.

Fast forward 5 years, I saw a white mk3 turbo that was mint and I almost shit myself, I was immediately on autotrader looking for one. We'll I found one that caught my eye. It was blue metallic and I was in love! Well the only problem was... It was in eastern Iowa... So I hopped on a plane and went to pick her up. Had a great time driving it halfway across the country to her new home in western Washington.
2064884_28_full.jpg

This is how she looked when I picked her up.
2064884_3_full.jpg

And when she was home.

I immediately started to modify. What I have now:

Tein Flex coilovers
Ten EDFC
JIC Rear Strut bar
Cusco Front bar (powder coated silver)
Suspension Techniques Sway bars
4" HPF Goliath exhaust
Racing Hart c4's 18x10r +44, 18x9f +37
2064884_25_full.jpg

How it looked before the tear down.

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
Well, now I'll share some pics of the current teardown and rebuild. My goals are to have a car I can go out and cruise in, look good, handle the twisties and run mid 11's. I'm rebuilding with forged internals, a turbo to be determined and yes big brakes are in the works. I'll post pictures as I get parts and also let everyone know if something interesting comes up.

2064884_29_full.jpg

This was a lot of fun!

2064884_31_full.jpg

To the left is my 70 chevelle, to the right is that chassis for it. In the middle is what you really care about!

2064884_36_full.jpg

Thats going to take a while

2064884_33_full.jpg

After some cleaning, GOD DAMN OIL LEAK...

2064884_39_full.jpg

HKS 2.0mm MHG and Aluminum solid motor mounts. Thanks Grim for the write up and thanks to my Aluminum machinest next door neighbor (free!!)

2064884_40_full.jpg

RC's 750cc, Wiseco .20, Eagle h beam rods

2064884_42_full.jpg

Q45 throttle body (thanks Allan)

2064884_41_full.jpg

And here is where all the magic happens. I built a 875square foot garage for myself. That was last years project, this year belongs to the supra.

Thanks for looking, I'll update often.

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
thanks IJ. This just in. Thanks for the pic Ron.
nate.jpg

This also reminds me that I'm one of the luckiest supra owners in all of supramania. It turns out that Ron lives very close to me and will be making sure I don't mess anything up. Thanks Ron for all you done so far and what ever help you lend me in the future.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
i know this is an old thread ut please post pics of your HPF goliath exhaust.. from the rear so i can see what it looks like.... thanks!

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Ckanderson said:
i know this is an old thread ut please post pics of your HPF goliath exhaust.. from the rear so i can see what it looks like.... thanks!

This thread is 3 days old....CK FTL......

Looking good Nate, hopefully I can make it down your way sometime this summer with my car. Get some pics of the 2 blues :naughty:

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
Loki said:
This thread is 3 days old....CK FTL......

Looking good Nate, hopefully I can make it down your way sometime this summer with my car. Get some pics of the 2 blues :naughty:

Shit yeah Loki, but it all depends on if I'm up and running by then... You too though. I want to be finished by may 1st, but that might be hard to do.

My whp goals are ckandersons +20:evil2: 7MP, shouldn't be too hard!

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
kwnate said:
Shit yeah Loki, but it all depends on if I'm up and running by then... You too though. I want to be finished by may 1st, but that might be hard to do.

I know how that is, I'm trying to have my car back together around May. I gotta go down to Spokane for a friends wedding and I wanna take my car.

sarichmond

Vehicular Motion
Jun 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Kwnate, I can't wait to see your final product. I know others and I will be watching for your updates closely, because you show great pride in your supra.

What mods are you trying to do by May, other than the obvious? (Pistons, Rods, FFI, Guages...etc)

Mid 11's huh? Wow, a Porsche killer. Sweet!!!!!!!

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
sarichmond said:
Kwnate, I can't wait to see your final product. I know others and I will be watching for your updates closely, because you show great pride in your supra.

What mods are you trying to do by May, other than the obvious? (Pistons, Rods, FFI, Guages...etc)

Mid 11's huh? Wow, a Porsche killer. Sweet!!!!!!!
I don't want to share all the suprises now! I have plenty a parts on there way, I can tell you it involves a larger than stock turbo:icon_bigg . As soon as my motor and head are done i can start to make some progress.

Turbo Joe, that was a nice car and I still miss it. But this one is a better color:biglaugh:

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
like everyone else on a build, i have to ask

how are you funding all of this?? damn. next time i see the car its going to be a totally different monster.

all i can think about when i see your garage is how high is your ceiling?
if ya got between $2-3k and enough juice you could sqeeze a lift in there...., hard to tell with your garage door up. asside from that you bassically have my dream garage, room for 3 wheels, couch, and plenty of shelf room.

props dude hope to see it this summer.