Just Another Rebuild

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
^ word. I know this sucks for you. But hopefully you have saved someone else from going down the same way. Are you sure it was from your intake?

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
That's pretty much the only thing I can think of that could have done that.
No other explanation that I can fathom. It makes sense to me since none of the damage is really deep seated scratches. It's all really shallow marks and lots of little ones.

Who knows Moe I may be done before you again. :biglaugh:
Kyle I don't like to build that much. lol

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
Well looks like the pistons are promising. Gonna take them to a shop and my friend said he has an extra block I can use which I think I'm gonna take him up on it.

So list of things:
Polish crank (possible undersize)
Deck, bore and hone the block
New rings
New bearings all around
Freeze plugs
New oil pump
Use other intake manifold after a through tanking and cleaning :biglaugh:

Anything I should add? I think I should get that flywheel checked since there's hotspots on it. Or maybe get the other one I have looked at.

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
JustAnotherVictim said:
Well looks like the pistons are promising. Gonna take them to a shop and my friend said he has an extra block I can use which I think I'm gonna take him up on it.

So list of things:
Polish crank (possible undersize)
Deck, bore and hone the block
New rings
New bearings all around
Freeze plugs
New oil pump
Use other intake manifold after a through tanking and cleaning :biglaugh:

Anything I should add? I think I should get that flywheel checked since there's hotspots on it. Or maybe get the other one I have looked at.
Dont forget to check your cam bearings and journels. And oil drive shaft bearings.

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
using the same head I take it? Make sure you thoroughly clean that thing as well. I would recommend complete disassembly before cleaning. Dont want any left over media making its way around in your new setup. Did it score your cams or cam caps any? Also what about your oil cooler lines and cooler itself? Was it the stock setup? Rgardless, anywhere you had oil flowing is probably contaminated. Kinda like how you dont want to reuse an oil cooler thats been through rod knock.