Just Another Rebuild

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
No update for awhile.
Waiting for Eric so I can get the 7m crank out of his old engine since the one I have is not so good due to pitting.

In the process of cleaning up the 3mm mhg as well. Gotta stop at the store and get some stronger paint thinner for the viton since brakekleen isn't working so hot. Maybe I'll have an after picture later.

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Bwahaha, I might still beat you :)
My block should be ready for final assembly any day now

What color are you gonna paint the block? Just gonna use that duplicolor engine enamel? I'm curious if It'll hold up in the hottest parts.

By the looks of that distributor, you're NA-T, right? Or are you gonna get a coilpack / cps, and go distributorless?

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
Buckshot: lol

Jag: Yea you might, hah. I would have been pretty much done at this point If I had a damn crank and that distributor is from my brother's car. All my turbo parts are on the shelf behind it. I'm using 1200° flat black paint directly on the block and 500° black gloss on top. I'm curious to see how it will hold up as well.

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
JustAnotherVictim said:
This is taking longer than I anticipated... Me and having to do things right. :nono: :biglaugh:

Haha, tell me about it!!
Damn doing things right takes freakin forever!
We both could've put down 2000 miles on our engines, then gotten BHG and Rodknock, and have enough time to start on a second build by now :biglaugh: