JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
It's still f-ing cold outside.

p435955_1.jpg

mickyg

7MGE MX-73
Sep 15, 2005
Melbourne AU
Looking good man! You do realise you'll likely beat me in getting this running, don't you? This whole DIY thing whenever possible has probably taken an extra 4 months for me! I'm glad to hear you're getting someone to do the valve job too. Mine weren't bad but if I could do anything again, it'd be to get a proper valve job done. Shim matching sucks!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I feel blessed now knowing that you're getting a three angle valve job. My head is in the shop right now getting new cams installed and a three angle vavle job and getting ported and polished as much as the gaskets will allow. I haven't started a build up thread yet, but I will someday. Good luck with yours...............lol

bigboost7m

Apr 20, 2005
Center Line, MI
I learned this the hardway, do not leave your bare block on the stand for too long. Funny Story, I had my block completely machined in December of '05, I finally got my crank and everything else done, so I went to go and put it together, tightened the main caps, and the crank by itself would not even spin, I had to use a breaker bar to budge it!! Anyways long story short, the entire block was warped because of its own weight pushing it down while on the stand!!! Needless to say it was junk, luckilly the crank wasnt damaged. Its probably common sense, but i didnt really think of it!! Neways Aewsome job on the build man and the best of luck!!!!!!!!!!