JT2MA71's Build. Dyno video on post # 1191

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Nice Ron and let me know when you are ready to drop it in also. Looks like it will still be a while though. I think it will also be one of the nicer MKIII's in the North west.:biglaugh:

You better be hitting the track this year now that you have more time. :)

Duane

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
upgradedsupra said:
Nice Ron and let me know when you are ready to drop it in also. Looks like it will still be a while though. I think it will also be one of the nicer MKIII's in the North west.:biglaugh:

You better be hitting the track this year now that you have more time. :)

Duane

You, Ron, and Nate are going to have the three nicest supras in the US all in the same region!

Looks awesome Ron!

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Wow Ron, the aww never ends. I realize that as the tubes go into the collectors they are slip connectors but how do you weld them or seal then at that point as there is no room to weld behind. Again amazing work!!

Seth

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
02174.jpg

~Ron

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
I say keep some of your secrets to yourself Ron. I do realize you like to help but some things are best left untold and IMO I think this is one of the times.

No offense Seth

PS: Call me later today if you get a chance before you head to work Ron.

Duane

Last edited:

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
sethron71 said:
Wow Ron, the aww never ends. I realize that as the tubes go into the collectors they are slip connectors but how do you weld them or seal then at that point as there is no room to weld behind. Again amazing work!!

Seth
everything is tacked together...then you remove the pipes from the head flange and collector, then you can weld it all up. When that's done you put it all back together.

Common practice when building headers... but maybe Ron has some other technique.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
mattjk said:
everything is tacked together...then you remove the pipes from the head flange and collector, then you can weld it all up. When that's done you put it all back together.

Common practice when building headers... but maybe Ron has some other technique.

Maybe I could be taking it the wrong way but I am not intending to be an ass. I think some things should be left untold as to how exactly things are made. I would never tell anyone how my hoods are made as it is what makes them unique.

back on topic anyway :)

Duane

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
That's right, Duane. Secrets are made to be kept.
It's your perogative (and Ron's) as to sharing info, and I agree with what you said.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
upgradedsupra said:
I say keep some of your secrets to yourself Ron. I do realize you like to help but some things are best left untold and IMO I think this is one of the times.

No offense Seth

PS: Call me later today if you get a chance before you head to work Ron.

Duane

No worries,
Slow66 and Ron helped me out with it on Slow's post. I do not plan on producing them so no worries just curiosity. Some time down the road I would like to make one for myself but that will a long ways down the road. Ron is totally free to not share information if he feels I am stealing his ideas. As well I could have obtained the information directly from burns or another header company but I figured this was easiest. But once again amazing work Ron I hope to be able to build amazing creations like your manifolds one day!! And hope fully I will get my car done in the next million years so I can come up and cruise with you guys!

Seth

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
The header is now almost done, except the wastegate tubing and six egt bungs.

headside.jpg

And a sneak peek at my intake, I almost forgot I had these parts sitting in the garage ;) This is just a mock up of how they will be positioned.

inpreview.jpg

~Ron

Last edited: