JT2MA71's Build. Dyno video on post # 1191

SD2JZA70

HardTunedMotorsports
Apr 5, 2005
San Marcos, CA
www.cardomain.com
jt2ma71 said:
And a sneak peak at my intake, I almost forgot I had these parts sitting in the garage ;) This is just a mock up of how they will be positioned.

inpreview.jpg

~Ron
Hey Ron, Im not sure if your aware but RMR has a billet head flange for the
2JZ that matches those billet oval velocity stacks. They used to have them listed on there ebay store for $400 including a nice billet fuel rail and brackets. Ive been thinking about buying one myself for my next intake.

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
SD2JZA70 said:
Hey Ron, Im not sure if your aware but RMR has a billet head flange for the
2JZ that matches those billet oval velocity stacks. They used to have them listed on there ebay store for $400 including a nice billet fuel rail and brackets. Ive been thinking about buying one myself for my next intake.

Thanks for the tip, I did not know that. I wonder if my hks rail will work with it. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
upgradedsupra said:
I say keep some of your secrets to yourself Ron. I do realize you like to help but some things are best left untold and IMO I think this is one of the times.

No offense Seth

PS: Call me later today if you get a chance before you head to work Ron.

Duane

mattjk said:
everything is tacked together...then you remove the pipes from the head flange and collector, then you can weld it all up. When that's done you put it all back together.

Common practice when building headers... but maybe Ron has some other technique.

I'm sure Ron wont find offense to this but If someone asked me question on how to put something like this together I dont see why it would matter to tell them what to buy.

The flange and collector that Ron uses is from Burn's Stainless and it retails for more then what most people would spend on a manifold. they start at $393 and go up to $430+++ depending on size and options. The type of collector is called a Double slip turbo collector. From all the parts that I see on that manifold I wouldn't be to far off to say that the price on that manifold once you add labor is well over $1500 dollars. Exellent work as always Ron, but there is always one thing that you can't have anyone duplicate and that is the craftmanship and quality of your welds. If you have any issues with me posting this LMK.

Here is a picture of one
01100022.jpg

SD2JZA70

HardTunedMotorsports
Apr 5, 2005
San Marcos, CA
www.cardomain.com
soapra said:
I'm sure Ron wont find offense to this but If someone asked me question on how to put something like this together I dont see why it would matter to tell them what to buy.

The flange and collector that Ron uses is from Burn's Stainless and it retails for more then what most people would spend on a manifold. they start at $393 and go up to $430+++ depending on size and options. The type of collector is called a Double slip turbo collector. From all the parts that I see on that manifold I wouldn't be to far off to say that the price on that manifold once you add labor is well over $1500 dollars. Exellent work as always Ron, but there is always one thing that you can't have anyone duplicate and that is the craftmanship and quality of your welds. If you have any issues with me posting this LMK.

Here is a picture of one
01100022.jpg
the 6 into 1 turbo collectors are $600+. I would Hope Ron charges more than $1500 for the manifolds because I know there is well over $1K in material. Rons manifolds are the Full-Race equilivalent in the MK3 world :naughty:

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
soapra said:

Here is a picture of one
01100022.jpg

Thank you for the information. Both Ron and Slow66 helped me out! Burns is very expensive but if you are going to put in the time to make one then it is best to use the best products. If you buy their stuff at retail you will die....lol But again thank you for the information. O and yes Ron has the most amazing welds....but one day muhahahahaha :naughty:

As for the real point of the thread. The manifold guarantees to to amaze us all!! With out a doubt some of the most amazing work I have seen and that says a lot as i have been around a lot or very high end racing equipment around the world! I will be up in the area this weekend, not in the Supra, but working at a race so if you are gonna be around maybe we can round up Michelle and check out what you have going if you do not mind!

Thanks,
Seth

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
SD2JZA70 said:
the 6 into 1 turbo collectors are $600+.

Tell me about it!! lol

Ron, everything looks awesome, and i got those same RMR stacks sitting on my bench :)

Cant wait to see your progress on this stuff Ron!

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Yup Ron does awsome work and uses the best materials out there. Thanks Ron for making my header even when you really didn't have the time. :D

Duane

PS: Your ARE the man :biglaugh:

rot 90na-t

slowest project ever
Apr 13, 2006
Westminster, CO
jt2ma71 said:
The header is now almost done, except the wastegate tubing and six egt bungs.

headside.jpg

And a sneak peek at my intake, I almost forgot I had these parts sitting in the garage ;) This is just a mock up of how they will be positioned.

inpreview.jpg

~Ron

Mother of god...
maybe ill get this setup "when me shit turns purple and tastes like rainbow sherbert" (in irish voice):eek:

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
jt2ma71 said:
Funny :D

Here's what I did early today. Welded the 6 egt bungs on.

6egts.jpg

And what I might work on in the morning, mount the 4" burns muffler. See it here with the old 3.5".

muffler.jpg

Those look like mychron EGT's. How are you recording all of those? 6 gauges or a display that records the all! Looks good!

Seth