Jimi's build update

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Ok, NEW update! Haha, I finally got my cat-back made. It's 3", mandrel bent, the cat is "high flow", the resonator and muff :)biglaugh:) is straight through. Fits great, once I get the hangers on and the car out of the garage, I will get pics of it on the car. The res and muff I have not seen anyone run, I found the company while "googling" and thought I would give them a try. The brand is Aero-Turbine,Link 1 Link 2. The piping is from Jegs (I also had some bends left over from making the DP), and the cat is from summit.

Now before anyone has a hissy fit over me running a cat and a resonator, remember I'm running an electric dump on the DP. :naughty:

p181253_1.jpg

p181253_2.jpg

p181253_3.jpg

p181253_4.jpg

p181253_5.jpg

Last edited:

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
looks really good jimmy, keepin it all legal with a cat

also what was the material and what guage was it that you used for the intake manifold? and where around here did u get it, cuz were about to start work on mine

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Excellent choice using the AeroTurbine muffler. They are excellent quality pieces. I was gonna buy one, but I'm keeping my exhaust semi-stock for license-retaining purposes. lol

No harm in running a cat, Jimi! As long as it's High Flow. Then, you're off the hook.

I'd be a bit nervous about that "resonator" having clearance issues... time will tell. Altogether, sick setup though, man. Looking very good.

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Bigzavs said:
looks really good jimmy, keepin it all legal with a cat

also what was the material and what guage was it that you used for the intake manifold? and where around here did u get it, cuz were about to start work on mine

Thanks Ben,

It is aluminum, 1/2" and 1/8" was used. I bought all the metal for the FFI and alt bracket from http://www.onlinemetals.com/.

I'm still gona try to make it out there on a fri, just been wanting to get this cat-back done. Open DP was getting annoying to drive.

empera: Thanks

Kurt: Thanks, Ya, I thought they seemed like good quality stuff, I've got the res tucked as much as possible, but yes that is a concern of mine also.

Last edited:

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Ok, took the sup out yesterday (thurs. night) after I got the CB totally installed. Sounds great, just a low rumble, nice. But now I have comp surge, why? I'm running the stock recirculation valve but to recirculate it I had to run a long hose from the TB side to the turbo intake, would this added restriction from length cause this? I tested the valve before installing it and it worked fine. Should I just go a head and get a BOV, I was wanting to wait until going with the MAFT-PRO for the BOV.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
couple questions and a request jimi, well actually only one question

what are you using for as a throttle cable?

and, im gonna use a mustang throttle as well, and i was wondering if i could pay you to make the lil adapter thingy for the TPS for me

let me know or give me a ring dude, later

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Compressor surge, eh? Could it be that you just haven't heard it until now? The long hose shouldn't hurt it whatsoever. I've seen several Turbo Audi's and VW's running long hoses off of the relief side of a Bosch BPV, so...

I would go ahead and pick up a nice BOV anyhow, like the Blitz DD. But I'm biased.

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Ben:
I'll look to see what materials I have left (I should have plenty to make that plate) But what brand TB are you going to run, I could just make it without holes drilled for the TB and you could just line it up and drill them. The cable is a heavy duty bike linkage cable for now until I get a better one.
*For anyone reading this for info, I would not advise this, but the supra is not my daily driver so I hardly drive it and the cable will be swapped for an actual throttle cable.

Kurt:
Why the Blitz DD, I was thinking HKS SSQV, but I have no experience with either one so.....:dunno:

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
New goodies on the sup. These are new Tein SS, thanks to Simon (AKA: sarichmond) I don't have any pics of them installed. The bat went dead in the camera while I was trying to take the pics.

Also no pics yet of the car sitting, I was already missing one lug stud off of three of my hubs, the only hub that has all five is the driver front. But on the pass rear I snapped another one off while removing the rim, it just disintegrated like it was glass :nono: So I was not able to pull the car out of the garage for a test drive and for pics. So more pics will come next week once I'm able to swap out and replace my studs. Pisses me off, all that work and I have no clue how it rides........

I do know they will be softer than the set up I'm running on the bimmer, I can not make the bmw move when I put all my weight on the front of the car and press up and down. The sup still moves when I press on it, thats the only reference I have right now :biglaugh:

Here is the only pic I was able to pop off before the bat when out:
p196473_1.jpg