Jeff's Supra Build...again

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
7Mboost said:
Haha you know it, I really wanna work on it when I'm sittin at home looking at other mk3's like jt2ma71 and duane and supranick's car and their cars progress so much faster and give me more and more ideas that I wanna do, but when I get and go to the shop I just see a mess of stuff and don't even know where to begin, tomorrow I PLAN on trying to get the black painted......will it happen tune in next time. (tomorrow) :

I know the feeling , Stay the hell off of SM cause you wont get anything done.:nono: Ask me how i know.:evil2:

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Doward: So like PTE, Denso, Delphi, any other brands I should stay away from besides Venom? And it won't hurt running 680's or 720's even though I'm only on the 62-1 right now, for like low boost settings?

suprahooked: WHY!??!?! :) I think looking at cars and thinking of how easy it will be to pick up girls in my finished Supra is the main thing that keeps me on this project :) that and going through all the gears right outta my dad's shop torward the end of main street. :)

Ok made a little progress today the block not being painted was really gettting to me so I got some Duplicolor High Temp Universal Black (light gloss).

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
7Mboost said:
and thinking of how easy it will be to pick up girls in my finished Supra is the main thing that keeps me on this project :)
Ahhh, to be young... And yeah, Im sure you wont have trouble gettin da' ladeez with this clean sup! Jeez, i wish I had a ride that nice when I was 16... :D I had a bug, meh, it was nice, but no chick magnet, lol...

As for the injectors, you can go larger, the injectors run on a cycle, its not like you'll be dumping 720cc's in everytime you tap the gas... Just make sure whatever engine management you go with can work with injectors that big... The main reason I went with the AEM was because I couldnt find any other EMS that could handle 1000cc injectors... I would have LOVED to stick with a piggy back set up and kept my factory ECU, but I couldnt... Unless there is a set up out there that can control injectors of that size, I just havent heard of it...

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Yeah I have AEM EMS as well so I should be good on the injectors? Haha I can't wait to pull up in this thing! I'd be embarrased as hell to ride around in my Taurus though I do lol.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Tomorrows plans: Prep and paint rear hatch interior area under carpet with some more universal paint, also may have a electronics guy coming in to figure out my wiring mess with the alarm and stock wiring confusion.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
How much boost do you plan on running from that 62-1?

Projected power output?

I'm planning on doing about 550rwhp on the 680s, at 36psi fuel pressure ;)

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
I'm thinking 15psi street, and 18psi track or race, when I upgrade I'll be going a little bigger then a 67 probably so I'm thinking I should just get 720's? On the 62-1 I'd like to make over 425rwhp on 15psi.

And hatch painted pics coming.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
7Mboost said:
I'm thinking 15psi street, and 18psi track or race, when I upgrade I'll be going a little bigger then a 67 probably so I'm thinking I should just get 720's? On the 62-1 I'd like to make over 425rwhp on 15psi.

And hatch painted pics coming.

425hp on a true T04 62-1 @ 15psi... hmm. @ 15, I don't know if you'd make 425rwhp man :) We'll have to strap that down @ Rollins and see ;)

Yeah, I'd probably just go 720s, and not worry about it later down the line.

Looking good, though! ;)

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Ok not much done, saturday went to the beach, and sunday i was out of it. Today I started putting the reat area back together, got hatch weather stripping on, and mounted the tails...but today was distracting because an old friend just got out of jail for a 5 year sentecnce which he didn't commit but it was so good to see him.

Tomorrow I will finish the rear hatch and get the motor mounts from my NA.

JTGsupra7

Jul 14, 2007
New Jersey
just started reading your thread... awesome build ( good choice ... BLACK!)
i will definatley be keeping up with this
Good Luck!

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
eh well, I may not make it over Jeff - I've got 2 people arriving @ OIA today (I thought they would come in tomorrow) so I'm here now picking them up :(

Pics or ban, though!

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Well I had a bunch of hold ups and school starting and shit so I got way behind and had to wait for a few parts before dropping in the motor when I planned but I FINALLY got it in. I spent a little extra time and got some nice paint on a few more pieces, alt. bracket, pullies, block, thermostat housing, and a bunch of other stuff.

Also if anyone can identify my cam gears that'd be great lol, I don't know what they are.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg