Jeff's Supra Build...again

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Doward said:
Yep. Less force acting on the crankshaft due to more uniform balancing. I'm building this to spin 7200rpm all day long. But hey, let's not hijack Jeff's thread ;)
A 6M will spin 7200 easy... Rev limit isnt so much in the crank as it is in the head... If you have a balance the 6M, like I have, then I see no reason you cant spin it that high...

Jeff get movin man, we got a deadline to meet, lol...

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
It's due to torsional vibration. The 6M has inherently more than the 7M.

I'm not building this motor to spin up to 7200rpm down a 1/4 mile. I want to be able to hold 7200rpm all day long.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Oh jeez. Not having a 7M crank, I wouldn't know :D

If nothing else, I will hit the U-pull-it on Saturday, and get to work stripping the crank out of that Cressida. I'm not looking forward to trying to bust that balancer bolt loose, with only hand tools :3d_frown:

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
SupaMan said:
i use to live in gainesville like 4 streets down from that publix (IIRC) i never knew so many people were into supras there i only saw like 2-3 the whole time i lived there.

any chance we can get videos of this said car when finished? :)

Yeah I just got into Supras, about last year and got one December 06, and then another March 07, due to a wreck...

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Reign_Maker said:
A 6M will spin 7200 easy... Rev limit isnt so much in the crank as it is in the head... If you have a balance the 6M, like I have, then I see no reason you cant spin it that high...

Jeff get movin man, we got a deadline to meet, lol...

Yeah man, all that scares me is will Ron be able to finish my manifold in time, he will get in next Tuesday due to damn expense shipping. Hopefully he is not too busy... Reign did you get a intake from him? if so how long did it take?

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Well polishing is some hard-ass work but here's where I'm at with about 4 hours into this valve cover.

p618552_1.jpg

p618552_2.jpg

p618552_3.jpg

White diamond, got it from a Harley shop by a car cleaner place guy I know and omg I am amazed at what it can do.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Need to grind down a few rough spots then a few more coats.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
high psi 1jz said:
Yeah I just got into Supras, about last year and got one December 06, and then another March 07, due to a wreck...
yea i remember readin about it good luck with this build! those polished covers look hot!

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Jeff, I cant remember how long it took to get, I bought it so long ago... I wanna say turn around time was pretty fast though... Ron doesnt leave ya hangin...

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Well very unluckily I sent my manifold out too late and now Ron R isn't making manifolds anymore so I'm fucked on that one, and down $40 for shipping! I am pissed but I see Ron has some family matters to take care of so I feel mad/ok but it sucks cause you can kiss ORL2K7 down the drain... Anyone with a long-runner retaining a/c manifold from RonR looking to sell? I'll pay top dollar.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Jake, I looked at those manifolds and I really just don't like the design 1, and know nothing about them, I've been reading up on Ron's for a while and I really! wanted to get that manifold and i'm pissed because I could've sent it out long ago..... anyways

Who is Sethron?

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
I'm going to the body shop tomorrow hoping he's done something! I'm still polishing my valve covers, coil pack plate. I'm gonna relocate the power steering resovior when I get the car back.

Now that I'm out of school expect a lot of work to get done, I'll be at the body shop all week pressing the engine bay to get painted. I'm still looking for a RONR FFIM, HOPEFULLY* something turns up. I'll be finishing the polishing tonight because I have all the stuff for it now, and I'll try to get some pics. Pray for OL2K7!

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
OL2K7? What's that? Enlighten me here :)

Pics of the polishing? ;) And hey, at least you've got the day to work on your Sup! No excuses, you better be done before I am :D

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Doward said:
OL2K7? What's that? Enlighten me here :)

Pics of the polishing? ;) And hey, at least you've got the day to work on your Sup! No excuses, you better be done before I am :D

Orlando Supra Meet 07, and I hope I finish soon. As long as I get my manifold I will.....