Jeff's Supra Build...again

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
It looked to me like an SSAC, version 2. Toss up some pics of it! Someone here is bound to know for certain :)

Decide what turbo you plan on running, then what boost level, and rpm are you going to be spinning the motor to. I'd be happy to help optimize your piping size (I'm feeling it'll be 2.75" ;))

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Doward said:
:D It'd be nice if I had a fast MKIII like Jake and Jeff will have!
hehehehe fix'd... ;)
Doward said:
(I'm feeling it'll be 2.75" ;))
wrong-o... 3"... Big brother jake will have some left overs for Jeff... I think 3" will be great for his 62-1, especially if he goes with the same IC as me...

Jeff, you need anything, you call me, you have my number kid... Keep up the good work... Yur car is going to be dope as hell...

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Well, depending on the rpm/boost he runs, peak velocity and flow might be a little under 3.0... but hey, those will be the little things I freak out about - Generally, the bigger the better :evil2:

Get those pics, Jeff!

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
You keep freakin out yur gunna be an insomniac D... lol... I thought IIIII was anal, yur killin me with the details bro... hahaha...

anywho...

Yur talking about IC piping right? If so, that Tnetic turbo will easily stuff those three inch pipes... Less restriction, quicker throttle response, especially going with a 3.5" throttle body and a ffi... I dunno if I would do 3" on a CT26, but I had 2.5", and on my 60-1, I had 2.75"... Besides, how can you turn down free 3" manderal bent aluminum pipe? ;)

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Wow so I figured out the rear cloth seats from my 89 stick out on the top back part of the seating and I don't know if there is a way to fix it? And I think I'm gonna get the 3" so when I go bigger later i know it'll be enough, and I'll probably get the driftmotion kit Jake so you can just save the piping they have a great deal goin on there.

Today I put the rear seats in till I encountered the fit problem. But I did get the wrecked Supra pieces all out and goin to its deathyard, after 5 weeks of stripped it......

Tomorrow I'm gonna get the driver seat in (because the battery is disconnected I have to hook up one to move the seat forward to get the bolts out) and then the panels in the back next to the back seats, and finish getting everything out the engine bay and start with the prep. Its goin slow now but I will speed way up now that I have the junk car out of here.

PICS COMING CHILL :)

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Ok so I have been on a slow start so the engine bay is stripped so tomorrow I will finish prepping it getting it ready for paint. I still need to remove my stock intake mani and send it in for the new Ron R custom one. Its been a slow start but that's where I'm at. Also they will be starting installing the new body pieces! woot woot. Pics soon, sharing a camera sucks....

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Been slow till about last week. Honestly nothing but about 2 hours of engine bay cleaning was done up till last week, when I decided to not play Spring football due to, too many car projects/sell. So I've been helping at the body shop trying to speed up the process, and I'll get pics of it tomorrow but, I have the fenders, hood, trim, wing, and door panels off, door floor trim off.

Tomorrow the manifold will be sent out like I've been meaning to do for the past month. And I have started the polishing and it is the only pictures I have due to the car not being at my house. But its goin much faster now.

About an hours worth of prepping
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Different angle
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Ha my garage full of Supra! help me get rid of it
p613651_1.jpg

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
LOL @ Garage full of Supra. You got a 7M crank lying around, by any chance? ;)

So where'd you end up sending it to get painted? Or are you tackling that yourself?

Should be awesome when it is done :D

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
A place called AutoFX in Gainesville hidden behind the tree a nice shop behind a guy's house, straight across from the Millhopper Publix, I've known the guy a while and seen a few of his jobs, he is very detailed and knows what I want and knows about changing colors on cars, where to put paint, whats needed to be removed etc. He does a lot of old car FULL paint jobs, stripped of everything and paint in the interior, an it looks good. But I'm trying to speed up my car for the Orlando Supra Meet, I'm gonna go all out for the next 1.5 months and try to get it done.

AS FOR THE CRANK, I don't have a good one man sorry, but actually the car we have down at the shop may and if the guy ever gets the motor over here and doesn't want his 7m I can get you his 7m crank. :)

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Doward said:
I would owe you big time for that :D That's what's holding me up now! Make sure it's stamped 7M on the crank, not 6M ;)

Its from an 88 turbo, doesn't look like the motors ever been swapped or anything, I'll try to speed the guy up on the process.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
i use to live in gainesville like 4 streets down from that publix (IIRC) i never knew so many people were into supras there i only saw like 2-3 the whole time i lived there.

any chance we can get videos of this said car when finished? :)

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Yep. Less force acting on the crankshaft due to more uniform balancing. I'm building this to spin 7200rpm all day long. But hey, let's not hijack Jeff's thread ;)