Indiana Supra Meet - May 10, 2008! (Merging with WWIV)

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
dbsupra90;890092 said:
jeff-

what i would do is take a couple possible dates, then call the dyno to see if they are available both those days. usually they dont plan anything that far in advance, but i've had it happen before.

atleast that way we know if a date we pick is 100% available.

...and make a poll after that to get a general tally of who's for what date.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Ok...So, May 10, 2008 can be option #1....Even though you guys are aware that the Ohio Supras meet is Typically beginning of June?
**(I know I wouldn't mind 2 Supra meets in 2 months)** ;)

Option #2 - June 21st?

supraman502

not lazy, just dont care
Apr 8, 2005
louisville, KY
I'll come anytime! my car is running now, so I'm just going to lock it up in the garage til the meet, so I'll for sure be able to bring it lol

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Hey Al,

Maybe you're a bit more up to date than me..
Do you know what other Dyno shops are in central Indy other than E-Motors on the northside?
I wouldn't mind going there, it's actually an AWD dynojet as well, but some of them are at the tip of my tongue as I have brain farts.
There are a handful of Dynos downtown w/ smaller business places and then one if not more on Gasoline Alley. I just can't remember the names of them.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Definately NOT coming?

Gee....Why wouldn't you come?!?! You could at least ride shotty with someone else in their Supra to enjoy the fun!!! :aigo:

pnutcar

1jz Asshole :)
Jan 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
I'd love to join yall...and can prob get a few more StL peeps to come out too! I'm never on here, but you know me on SF if you go in the 1j section.

Here is my whore:

gireo7.jpg

turboswz5.jpg

C-Stylez

May 11, 2007
Seymour, Indiana
I'd like to come, but I wont be able to in May because my wifes gaduation is on the weekend of the 9th and I've got a wedding to attend the following weekend and were going to gatlinburg for it. June is good though, but I probably wont be in the supra. Can I drive my Cobalt SS s\c instead? I wouldn't mind puttin it on a dyno.:naughty:

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
Boost Lee;891848 said:
Definately NOT coming?

Gee....Why wouldn't you come?!?! You could at least ride shotty with someone else in their Supra to enjoy the fun!!! :aigo:

Ok, ok...I might come, but riding shotty just isn't as much fun as driving! :icon_bigg

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
C-Stylez;892131 said:
I'd like to come, but I wont be able to in May because my wifes gaduation is on the weekend of the 9th and I've got a wedding to attend the following weekend and were going to gatlinburg for it. June is good though, but I probably wont be in the supra. Can I drive my Cobalt SS s\c instead? I wouldn't mind puttin it on a dyno.:naughty:

You betcha! Didn't even know you existed....

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Todd - We'd love to see how you Supra owner folks out in the STL do things! :)

How many other owners do you have in your area that would be willing to car pool together for the trip? Because if we can build up enough interest and get the word spread around enough to pull Supras from other extended states, I'll request a Sticky'd thread ASAP.

From St. Louis...It's a STRAIGHT shot all the way up I-70. It's about 230 miles, almost ALL of it would be highway drive, then once you get off I-70 onto the I-465 loop, the Hooters meet up area is only less than 10 minutes from the exit.

May 10, 2008...........................or................June 14, 2008.

If either of these dates are an issue, speak up...Because if this years Indy meet can be anything like what we had in '06, It'll be well worth the trip. :)

I'll go ahead and make a thread with a Poll with a few dates.

-Jeff

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
Boost Lee;892582 said:

How many other owners do you have in your area that would be willing to car pool together for the trip? Because if we can build up enough interest and get the word spread around enough to pull Supras from other extended states, I'll request a Sticky'd thread ASAP.

From St. Louis...It's a STRAIGHT shot all the way up I-70. It's about 230 miles, almost ALL of it would be highway drive, then once you get off I-70 onto the I-465 loop, the Hooters meet up area is only less than 10 minutes from the exit.

May 10, 2008...........................or................June 14, 2008.

If either of these dates are an issue, speak up...Because if this years Indy meet can be anything like what we had in '06, It'll be well worth the trip. :)

I'll go ahead and make a thread with a Poll with a few dates.

-Jeff

or just add a poll to this thread

pnutcar

1jz Asshole :)
Jan 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Boost Lee;892582 said:
-Jeff

I am down for coming up there if I get her back on the road in time...doing more major stuff right now.

I know of one other badass 1j that is currently down for goodies, a few 7m's, one REALLY badass 7m, a mkiv tt, and a few others who would appreciate the meet...I'll see whats going on and depending on the date, hopefully we can work something out. The more time the better lol.

My buddy puts on a meet here every year and it keeps getting better and better. The mkiv guys think their shit doesn't stink, so they don't participate in our meets really...

img3024hf4.jpg

img3030sl4.jpg

Last edited:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Alright, big mistake...BIG, mistake. :cry:

I totally forgot about Winged Warrior being the same weekend as what it looks like we're scheduling it for. (May 9,10th).

So...What am I saying? For everyone else, that would be very cool because on that very weekend you travel to Indy, you'll see Skylines, SRT10's, a few 1000hp Supras, and LOTS of other wild cars in the WWIV event.

My dilemma? I was planning to participate in this event....So...

How about we back it up one week or scoot it forward one week?

Would anybody have problems with that?

May 3rd...Would this work for anyone else?

I'm sorry, guys. :icon_conf

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
Boost Lee;893010 said:

I totally forgot about Winged Warrior being the same weekend as what it looks like we're scheduling it for. (May 9,10th).

So...What am I saying? For everyone else, that would be very cool because on that very weekend you travel to Indy, you'll see Skylines, SRT10's, a few 1000hp Supras, and LOTS of other wild cars in the WWIV event.

Com'on jeff...you're messing up my project time frame here

supraman502

not lazy, just dont care
Apr 8, 2005
louisville, KY
Boost Lee;893010 said:

participating? did you buy an evo or sti? lol

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
^:rofl:

INDIANA SUPRA MEET: May 10, 2008!!!! Same date as Winged Warrior IV.
What can we do? Combine the two. :)

As long as we can all stick together, park together and look organized. Show them what real 1337 cars really are. ;)

The event usually starts fairly early, around 10ish, it's at O.R.P, so there is PLENTY of room to park.
If we decide to merge the Supra meet with a majority of it being attending WWIV, then I'd say we shine up our cars and enter them in the car show. It's for a good cause, doesn't cost very much money, and you can win prizes!

I'd be all go for this...

We could meet up somewhere close to the interstate...Wait around for everyone to get there, and drive in a big pack to WWIV at ORP, hang around there for a couple hours, then go to our "scheduled in" dyno time (which will be close to ORP), then, Dinner, and cruise.

Sound good?!?! :biglaugh: