Indiana Supra Meet - May 10, 2008! (Merging with WWIV)

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
ArmandoP;987366 said:
Looks like it will be fun. will it be done in time for the meet? You know, I havent been sitting on my ass either.I threw on a turbonetics 62-1 and that 4 inch cat back.... unfortunately Im still running the AFM and Im hitting fuel cut even aftert the lex/550 combo. ugh.

oh man a 62-1, i may have to retract my previous statement ;)

Hopefully it will get finished, its going to go down to the wire

ArmandoP

Supramania Contributor
Nov 4, 2006
Indianoplace
Fuzz420;988028 said:
oh man a 62-1, i may have to retract my previous statement ;)

Hopefully it will get finished, its going to go down to the wire

Well, mine is only fun till about 5k rpm when fuel cut kills all the fun. Ive been trying like hell to figure out what is causing it, but it hits 15psi and smacks into fuel cut even without a boost controller. its driving me nuts. Ive had a boostleak tester on it a few times and keep replacing shit but no dice.
Best of luck man, hope you get it all finished up just in time. Id like ot see that beast on the dyno. As for me, Ill be there regardless, and if the supra is still hitting fuel cut looks like Ill be dynoing the three and a half inches of dangling automotive fury known as the Xb. hehehe I'll be lucky if it hits 100whp. :(

ArmandoP

Supramania Contributor
Nov 4, 2006
Indianoplace
Boost Lee;987457 said:
Armando, You've got one of the strangest acting Supras I've ever seen.

Fuel cut with no boost controller @ 14ish psi and creeping down,
Feels like a BPU Supra under 4500rpm, after, has one of the nastiest pulls I've ever experienced in a Mk3........Yowza. :biglaugh:
Hope you get things straightened away with it, Armando...
And Aaron, Hope you get it going in time for the meet! I'd like to see it. :)

For myself...Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get everything together in time to get my car to the meet...But we'll see.

Jeff

Im going to remove the wastegate actuator this week. It finally dawned on me that it shouldnt be hitting 15psi on that wastegate. maybe its too tight???

anyways, If your car wont be done in time youre welcome to drive the Xb (assuming Im not) and use it as a support vehicle for tools and rides, etc. Id offer to help get it finished, but I just rented out my house so I have to move and find a new place to live! ouch.
A

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
LOL Armando...The things people will do to get a bitchin' fast Supra. :biglaugh:

Well...We'll see. I'm going to be cutting it really, really close. :)

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
Boost Lee;987457 said:
And Aaron, Hope you get it going in time for the meet! I'd like to see it. :)

For myself...Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get everything together in time to get my car to the meet...But we'll see.

Jeff

if youre talking about me, ill definitely be up there.. i still need to get my radiator fixed/replaced, replace a blown out front bushing, and replace a couple more gaskets here and there (such as oil pan gasket lol)

but yeah, i just replaced my valve cover gaskets, plugs, wires, exhaust, some vaccuum lines along with a vaccuum switcher, new school toyota badge, new tires, fixed my leaky hatch and targa seals, and my intake was in louisville friday, per my tracking information, so it should be at my doorstep tomorrow!

as far as your car not being there, if youre talking about the one in your sig, is it possible that i could at least come by and check it out since you live in the area? that thing looks like a beast!

peace

aaron

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
zambini;989143 said:
if youre talking about me, ill definitely be up there.. i still need to get my radiator fixed/replaced, replace a blown out front bushing, and replace a couple more gaskets here and there (such as oil pan gasket lol)

but yeah, i just replaced my valve cover gaskets, plugs, wires, exhaust, some vaccuum lines along with a vaccuum switcher, new school toyota badge, new tires, fixed my leaky hatch and targa seals, and my intake was in louisville friday, per my tracking information, so it should be at my doorstep tomorrow!

as far as your car not being there, if youre talking about the one in your sig, is it possible that i could at least come by and check it out since you live in the area? that thing looks like a beast!

peace

aaron

lol remember there's two of us with the same name

Aaron's FTW!!!!

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
ok I read most of this but not all of it. Did I miss where you peeps are staying overnight? Also is anyone else bringing kids? I am planning on bringing my 3 boys. They would absolutley love this. They went with me to the local meet last year as well. Oh yeah and my wife as well. This would be a family thing for me. I know some of you guys are saying "oh no kids!" lol. But think of it in a positive way. I might have to represent with both my supras just to get everyone up there:naughty:.

What happened to Suprahero (Jay)? I havent seen him post in a while. You still coming Jay?

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
we're all still kids for the most part. Make it a week-end trip w/ the kids. lots of loud cars to hear and oily/pig rich fumes to inhale. Kid friendly to say the least. :icon_bigg

I'll bring my son to all the meets once he's big enough to halfway realize whats going on. If nothing else, he'll pick up a few Korean jokes and help me and Jason give Jeffy a hard time.

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
Fuzz420;989150 said:
lol remember there's two of us with the same name

Aaron's FTW!!!!

hahaha oh shit! well i guess my car isnt really eliciting that much excitement then.

but hell yea, if you arent named aaron, you pretty much need to get on our level lol

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
hey guys, i made a reall badass (IMO) 7m print design today because i was bored at work haha.. would anybody want one of these shirts? i could sell them for like 5 bucks at the meet to those who want one. nothing is finalized yet, but i know im going to print at least one for myself! let me know what you guys think, and sorry if this is illegal soliciting of merchandise on the forum, though i wouldnt think it is (its just for the people at the meet)

p989974_1.jpg

p989974_2.jpg

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Uhhh.... for $5, I'll take 3 XXLs and a baby one too. :icon_bigg

Let us know a price... looks like a lot of ppl are interested.

Sidenote:
Can you do one for an STI? :icon_bigg

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
haha thats a good idea, and could be arranged. the design isnt finalized yet so its still open for suggestions. i do want to make sure this isnt violating any forum rules tho..

but chea now you guys see what i be doin (designing chit.) as far as specific variations or separate designs, i can certainly do them, but thet would be more of a come see me kind of thing, because these are going to be screen-printed (not cheapass vinyl pressed) and will last a lifetime. so yeah, if you want to discuss design tweaks and orders for shirts, just pm me so the thread stays on topic i guess.

thanks for the good feedback. i can continue to do this, maybe even make supramania official shirts if that wouldn't be stealing someone else's business (the shirts arent already being printed through another company)

Last edited: