I'm the dumbest supra owner ever

kawkoretsx

flatuator
Jun 26, 2007
hagerstown, MD
No you mentioned people using this product without a problem. That would be a fluke. The same thing could happen with Pam, you fucky fucky no disease.

If Windex said it would clean plastic without damaging it I would.

I kinda thought that if there was a little dirt on the mirror, this would help that, providing a more accurate signal, providing better performance.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
It's a digital signal. The amplitude is either going to be right or not. No in between. There would have to be an enormous amount of contamination on the mirror to effect it's mass and thus frequency. Myself, I normally measure stuff before messing with it. If the signal is correct I leave it alone and move on. Btw, other than being a philomath I'm as average joe as you can get ;)

kawkoretsx

flatuator
Jun 26, 2007
hagerstown, MD
You sir are no nornal joe, you are an SM expert, and one smart mofo. But my point still remains, there should be a warning. I don't gamble, ever, but if I did I'd lay a hundred bucks on someone toasting their meter if they use this stuff. You in the long run are also right, it could have been tested. But why would I test something that is working fine? Should have left it be, I know that now. But you still dont think there should be a warning on the can? How about anyone else?

ATL88Supra

The Asshole
Jun 22, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
should there be a warning? yes, is there one ? no, so as a supra owner its on you to be smart about it, i knew the second day i had my supra that washing the cars eng bay was a bad choice AFM got wet never agean have i done it in fact if i plan on geting water near or around it i take it off and store it some where dry eheh call it paranoa but i dont give a rats ass its a fragile part and alot of stuff can mess with it, so next time dont worry about cleaning it if it gets dirty in the 1st place there is a bigger problem then it just geting dirty if you are able to get it to work agean take note dont wash it dont fiddle with it dont even look at it the wrong way till you go maf pro

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
^I would like to see anyone who can read that whole thing out loud without taking a breath.

I normally associate our Karman sensor as measuring the speed that air is going in, while MAF incorporates temperature and speed together to get the actual air mass. (I have no idea if that is correct, sounds close enough. ;))

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
Wow, I got 3 separate pms about MAF's from 3 different people. Thank you for all the support guys, I didn't reply to any of them because I am really perturbed right now. Long story short, new afm came in but the parts department closes at 5pm. I got there at 5:03.

Yes I know its dumber buying one from the dealer but I can't wait for a used one to ship and I don't trust discount auto stores, I have gotten more bad parts out of the box than good.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
Frank Rizzo said:
Yes I know its dumber buying one from the dealer but I can't wait for a used one to ship and I don't trust discount auto stores, I have gotten more bad parts out of the box than good.

your car is used, so whats wrong with a used part of like kind and quality, I personally would rather buy a used part than a rebuilt from one of the local chain autoparts stores personally, going back to the dealer would be ideal but my car is not a ferrari, a used meter would work great for me :icon_razz

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
mkIIIman089 said:
I think you'll be happy in the end that you bought a new one. I always am with stuff like that.
i just couldnt justify paying 900 dollars via dealership(in my instance) for a rack and pinion for a car that isnt worth 3 grand... I guess I am just cheap and broke.

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
mkIIIman089- Yeah I agree, thats part of the reason I go to the dealer, buy it right, buy it once.

And just a fyi my price is $652, I put $200 down so I have to pay $452 when I pick it up.

I really wanted a fluidyne radiator too, mother........

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
My "buddy" did the same thing on my old AFM. Tried doing me a favor by helping out,har har har...Jeez was I pissed. But he felt bad about it and paid for a used replacement. Short version,DONT CLEAN THEM! lol