im sorry, im the reason some people hate MK3 owners.

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
im a 18yr old punk kid, my car is gutted, dirty as hell, i have a new but defective fan clutch that sounds like an 18 wheeler, im rollin around with my spare on, my hatch is black while the rest of the car is white, front signal light it still damaged from hit and run, blew a power steering hose today so i turn like shit and my exhaust is slightly crooked.

my car is turning into a white trash early 90's civic. only made this thread so i could vent about how much i hate my car but love it at the same time, most of the stuff is money issues but some is just me being dumb, reply however. or close the thread.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
It doesn't cost money to have pride in your ride. I love my supra and wash it on a weekly basis if not sooner. I hate it when it get's dirty and take alot of pride in cleaning it myself. It hasn't always looked like it does now and it wasn't done overnight. You can fix your car up nice too. You just have to do it a little at a time when you can afford it. Don't give us a bad rep cause you don't want to take pride in your vehicle. It doesn't take alot of time to wash and wax it................lol

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
Word at Suprahero, greatness doesn't come overnight. I'll be honest when I say that my MK3 was a pos when I bought it, but I've made it a hell of alot better. Just take your time and one day you'll have a nice MK3 also.

-Matt

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
NE Portland, lightly thought about selling it but most definetly never did, yeah its just kinda discouraging, especially becuase i know Joe Schesso(600rwhp), my buddy just bought one and his mom pays for all the parts, and my other buddy just got one and his grandpa is selling their camaro so that he can dump like $10,000 into his, just kinda bs.

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
LilMissMkIII said:
A car doesn't have to be immaculate to be loved

My point exactly, Im a bad procrastinator, my supras not all always the cleanest but fuck I love my car, and I only drive like a massive machine when i have to, ONLY when I have too, but even then I make sure I know what Im doing.

As far as clean, yeah it needs it bad, along with a paintjob, Im gonna try that $50 paint job thing, looks fun.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
89Turbo said:
NE Portland, lightly thought about selling it but most definetly never did, yeah its just kinda discouraging, especially becuase i know Joe Schesso(600rwhp), my buddy just bought one and his mom pays for all the parts, and my other buddy just got one and his grandpa is selling their camaro so that he can dump like $10,000 into his, just kinda bs.

It's ok. My friend('s mom) has a 500hp 1000ft.lb. Cummins turbo diesel.
It makes me feel alot better knowing my car is sitting in pieces in my garage waiting for MY money to be fixed, rather than be sent to the shop for new parts everytime I ask my mom for money.

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
MassSupra89 said:
It's ok. My friend('s mom) has a 500hp 1000ft.lb. Cummins turbo diesel.
It makes me feel alot better knowing my car is sitting in pieces in my garage waiting for MY money to be fixed, rather than be sent to the shop for new parts everytime I ask my mom for money.

sorry to double post so fast but thats true too. Every part and dollar thats in my car is from me, and only me. even the rebuilt engine, all on my own with the help of some friends with the work. makes me feel so good and frown on my friend with his beloved acura, bc he ALWAYS takes it somewhere.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
buckshotglass said:
post up some pics.

89Turbo's Supra:

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2086.jpg

On the very right:
IMG_2127.jpg

(all the pics from the Mid-Valley Meet: http://swaqvalley.com/misc/midvalleymeet/)

In my opinion it's not all that bad, just needs a bit of love and detailing. :)

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
hey bud, doesn't really look that bad, if you ask some of the richmond, va people that have seen my car i bet they'll tell you mine is a bigger pos than yours, but if it ran now i'd drive it everyday, it's down waiting for summer so i can pull the motor and refresh it as i dont have money for a full rebuild.... like everyone else told you little pieces at a time... as far as my car goes i only have 4 mods to show for spending about $3000 on it, not including paying for the car...

ross

btw: those pictures are taken from specific angles to hide (as much as possible the more serious imperfections, like the flaking paint around the rear wheel wells, and the driver side nose and bumper, no front lip, and broken bottom half of the bumper

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
pics also take before hit and run on my car, once i get a new exhaust and window tint i think i'll feel much better about the looks.

Dachande

Arrrrrr Matey
Apr 3, 2005
South Carolina
Your car looks a lot better than most of the cars you see floating around on here. It's all intact minus the lip, you have the correct turn signals and grills on your bumper, and no hideous body mods. If you like your car who cares what anyone else thinks. You could make it look a tad better if you made your front wheels go the right direction.