im sorry, im the reason some people hate MK3 owners.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
be a man and walk through this cloudy feeling that u are having. lol, keep it up man. u dont have to work on it everyday, lil bit at a time is fine. everyone one here has their time with the sup. great for those who are rich and for those who are poor...well, live with it. i have an 87 n/a, no mods xcept ebay air filter, hey, i get wat i can afford. but i love my car every minute.

Thats my words for it, u can give me the watever attitude or love your car like the way i love mine. ^_^

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Dont let your friends (Free ride) get you down , They are spoilled rotten and they wont be worth a shit when they get older.:3d_frown:

Last edited:
I'm with everyone else. I had a a friedn who had his car HEAVILY modded...by who, not him of course his mother. My car was always lightly modded but i put more money into maintenance, fixing liitle appearances like shift boots. Make sure you are happy with it. When I first got mine I made changes that most people don't make but they made me feel even better about the car. I love my car, even with a BHG and cracking paint....

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
89Turbo said:
im a 18yr old punk kid, my car is gutted, dirty as hell, i have a new but defective fan clutch that sounds like an 18 wheeler, im rollin around with my spare on, my hatch is black while the rest of the car is white

Until that last part, I thought you might be the proud owner of my old fugly grey car. It should still be in portland/Vancouver, and is in comparable condition. And while ugly, it ran like a raped ape and surprised the hell out of many meguired cars.

Different strokes for different folks... I built it intending to learn how to drive a powerful car -- and I fully expected to wad it up (then swap parts to another chassis).

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
Hang in there, it took me 2 years to get my car where i wanted it to be, and its not even done all the way yet.

good luck in the future!

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
your car's sweet, i like the black hatch, MK2-like..:D

hell, my center taillight panel's black, but im leaving it like that, cause it looks "raw", if that's a way to describe..

just get a lower lip and your car will be baller..

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
oh man, just clean the thing! Wetsand, claybar, what have you, but get the paint back to white again! it's not that bad, really, it isn't.
don't worry about tint... get the car white again, get some new tires (maybe even some rims, like some 91 5spokes or r32 gtr wheels, nothing major)
Fix your exhaust...
you're not far off from good with what you've got.

Personally, I'd leave the hatch. I might even think about getting a black hood and headlight lids, but that's just me.

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
alright well thats good to hear guys, i catch shit from alot of the people at work and its a little annoying i must say. (Mostly domestic guys, some kid with a 240 to)

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
My supra is white with a brown passenger side fender,headlight cover and front trim peice with chiped paint all over and a little rust in the driver side fender but i love my supra to death allways wanted one since i first saw one. bought it with a bhg and busted heatercore for 700 bucks I may not be the best looking supra in the world ut i take great pride in it

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Hey man dont get yourself down, i remember you car and it wasnt something to be assamed of. From what i remember all you need is wheels. Your car looked aggressive as hell rolling on the MT's i remember checking your car out when i first got to the dyno up in canada. I especially rememebr it doing more than keeping pace on the highway. (next time we meet i wont be hitting FC)

Main issue is daily use, driving these cars daily tests our wallets and our discipline for cleaning, i remember by the end of summer my car was starting to go south, dirty as hell inside and out, scratches building up from just not giving a crap about watching details, and my speedo ate it on my last weekend driving it full tilt up the mountains.

take your next day off and dedicate it to cleaning, i do it monthly and spend maybe two days of just washing and cleaning everything, pull out the mats, vacuum the hell out of it, go at it with a bucket of soapy water and brush inside all over, the upholsty q-tip the nooks and crannies, then move onto the engine bay, 2-3 cans of brake cleaner and 2 rolls of paper towels, some armor all and rags then move on to the outside, i spent a good 6 hours just cleaning the outside of the car in every nook and crannie and waxing.

you get into it, once you do you will have every bit of excitement back like you did when you first got the car.

-Luis

azrael

Some assembly required
Oct 2, 2006
Coquitlam, BC
Hell yeah. My Mk2 was immaculate when I bought it. THAT thing was a point of pride, nicest paint ever, no dents, only two spots of rust (hardly visible) and the strongest damn engine ever.

Then it got wrecked.

Now, my Celica GT is a POS with graffiti on the hood and a dented rear quarter, broken door lock etc... but it was worse before. Before it was graffiti'd everywhere, and I just poured hours and hours into cleaning it all off. It's almost white again, and it's getting a cheap paint job from some of my friends. People laugh at it, but I still tell them to get lost because I like it infinitely better than their shiny new cars. Last night I had some tool in a 2001 Grand Am GT trying to get me down about it by showing off what a sahweet whip he had. I blew him off and lost him in the twisties with it. =)

And even when people try to make fun of it for what it is, I just tell them they should see my other ride, and by that I mean this: http://phoenixphire.net/alena/images/small1.jpg . I bought it for $450 from a junkyard. It had to be towed to where I'm keeping it, and it couldn't even be towed on its own the front end was so messed up. Front fender's dented in, there's a weird upward indent in the very side of the hood, right door's been gouged, back window is smashed out...

And god damn if I don't love it more than anything else in the world right now. So just tell them to get stuffed, part of what makes us Supra owners special is that we REALLY have to love these cars, and almost all of us really do.

So get out there and clean that thing up! You're one step ahead of me, see if you can't beat me to a nice Supra!