im sorry, im the reason some people hate MK3 owners.

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
heres a little insperation Its my crx after i just finished workin on it.I know its not a supra but you get the idea hardwork lots of time all that stuff
Before
crxothersidevn4.jpg

crxsideox6.jpg

after
smallnewpaint1lr2.jpg

smallnewpaint2bv8.jpg

smallnewpaint5tz6.jpg

If I can make crx look that good just think what you can do with a supra:naughty:
If any one is wondering the crx has a header,dc sport exhaust cai, energy suspension poly. bushings and a zoom performance clutch and gets 40mpg so Its my daily driver even if it is slow lol I did ALL the work paint ,body work mechanics,ect.on a very low budget so you just have to keep at it

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
HellsLegion said:
Diamond in the rough bro

ok so i work in an autoparts store and have acess to paint cleaning supplies at a discounted rate, so any reccomendations for products past just washing the car, be specific. and where the hell can you get lips these days i browsed through the for sale section and couldnt find any that werent already sold.

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
dont worry .. I have been building my car for 5 years and it still dosnt look good .....just keep working on it piece by piece .. The trick is to treat it like a $50k car and one day it will be one .... If you love the car it will never be done there will always be somthing else to do to it.

Jason

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
89Turbo said:
ok so i work in an autoparts store and have acess to paint cleaning supplies at a discounted rate, so any reccomendations for products past just washing the car, be specific. and where the hell can you get lips these days i browsed through the for sale section and couldnt find any that werent already sold.

www.shineautoproject.com

the best..:biglaugh:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Hey man I think you are being too hard on yourself and your car. First of all who gives a shit what the other guys you work with think. Just learn theWeezL motto and that will take care of them. Repeat after me...."Fuck 'em!" Ok got them taken care of now for the hard part. You have to convince yourself that you and your car are worth the effort to make it better. We can encourage, but you have to decide for yourself if you want to take pride in it and make the improvements. Its hard during the winter I know but this week in Oregon has been frigging beautiful, so you cant use that as an excuse to not at least wash it. Take a day off, wash the car, vacuum it, maybe fix a few of the easy things that have been bugging you.

Start with "Mequires Cleaner Wax" its easy as hell to use, and will make a HUGE improvement on ANY paint job. Buy a can of spray stripper and strip the sawblades down to alloy. They look pretty damn nice that way. Take a few pictures of your car after your done. Find a nice place with a good backdrop and snap a few. Seeing your car in a couple of nice shots and looking nice and clean will do wonders for your pride of ownership.

NeatOman

Never know enough!
Oct 5, 2006
Addison, IL
The bigger they are, harder they fall... on you're wallet that is.

You can maintain a New BMW for the same money then you can with a MK3

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
89Turbo said:
theres no saving this paint i should probably just get a maaco gloss white paint job on it.
Meguiar's "Deep Chrystal" comes in 3 parts, 1= Cleaner, 2 = Polish and 3 = Carnuba Wax. If you do all 3 steps, your paint will look like brand new. Then just use the quick detailer to keep it glossy. This will work on even the most faded paint jobs. Alot of work, definitely since you basically have to wax the car 3 times, but truly amazing results and well worth the time.
MIRA2116.JPG

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
Rajunz said:
Meguiar's "Deep Chrystal" comes in 3 parts, 1= Cleaner, 2 = Polish and 3 = Carnuba Wax. If you do all 3 steps, your paint will look like brand new. Then just use the quick detailer to keep it glossy. This will work on even the most faded paint jobs. Alot of work, definitely since you basically have to wax the car 3 times, but truly amazing results and well worth the time.
MIRA2116.JPG

are these done with a buffer or just with like a hand applicator and terry cloths?

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
That 3 step system is awesome, but if you lack the ambition for a 3 step process, The Meguires Cleaner Wax is a one step process that does an incredible job at removing contaminants, deep stains and discoloration. You can do the whole car in a couple hours by hand or even less with a buffer.