If you had 20 some odd grand.. mk4 or mk3? or mr2?

Puppy Eater

from the rooftop...
Mar 31, 2005
in your dreams....
yes, ive been MIA.. just been busy trying to get all the services for my humvees done before it starts getting too hot (last friday was mid 90 degree weather)

some pretty interesting things ive read so far.. wanted to go mk4 but think i will now stay mk3.. read about some of the crazy 2jzge-t swaps and how its fairly cheap..

suprashy

Jun 21, 2005
Nassau County, NY
C5 Corvette. Why? U'll get one with low mileage. (MKIV's have 80K plus miles nowadays and are way overpriced - at the end of the day, in the eyes of automotive enthusiasts, "its just a Toyota - Jap crap" - there is no heritage, or significant automotive history that comes with any Supra. Who cares? We know the MKIV will put out one million horsepower and run forever, (so can the MKIII), but my point is $20K+ for a 80K+ mile Toyota is worthy of considering other cars with significantly lower mileage - my first thought is the American icon. 340 hp (?) stock and u'll get lower than half the mileage of a MKIV, and you have a car that appreciates worldwide status = money well spent. Put comparable mod money into it, and u'll have an all-motor monster.

I'm not even discussing a MKIII buildup unless you plan on restoring the entire car. We're so into modding our cars, but what about body work, and structural components? The MKIII requires collector car care, w/o collector car status. Bottom line = money pit. I love the MKIII, and think it is a great value for the money. We can enjoy 400rwhp for way less than the cost of a MKIV or C5. I love the MKIV, but can't justify its high mileage/cost ratio. But its really your decision. I would seriously consider a Vette before shelling out $20+ on a high mileage Toyota. Either way, good luck!

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
AF1JZ said:
:nono: Lies. It would be believeable you would say that, until you look down and see your sig.

LOL :D

As you can tell, I like to surround myself with beautiful things:

myfavoritethings.jpg

:icon_razz

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
id buy a cessida and 1jz swap it then id hide the intercooler behind the stock bumper keep it stock looking outside and in stock rims and tires with stock hubcaps and id put the stock catback back on bolted to a 3 inch downpipe with a electric cut out!

or the same thing with some type of toyota rwd wagon.