If you had 20 some odd grand.. mk4 or mk3? or mr2?

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
2543arvin said:
no loyalty:3d_frown: ...just kiddin, maybe if they werent beaten to death by the original owners before all of us got a hold of them, then they wouldnt burn such a hole in our wallets to fix.
Not to burst your bubble... but a lot of the current owners screw up, rig, and break just as much as anyone in the car's past has.

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
mkIIIman089 said:
Not to burst your bubble... but a lot of the current owners screw up, rig, and break just as much as anyone in the car's past has.
not really "bursting" any bubble over here bro, i was just making a point, since the "current" owners are the ones complaining right now. sorry to offend you if you were an original owner.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
flamewarwarning.jpg

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
I would get these no one mentioned them so here it goes
Brand new Scion TC

or nice cars close to or around 20 grand but non toyota

Pontiac GTO 400 hp stock with 100k mile GM warenty oo new car smell
Chevy Camero SS use left over money to buy some NOS & a supercharger
Maybe a GrandNational 88

like what someone else said here save then 20 k and get an atom "Ariel Atom"

lol one of Jay Lenos car with 240+hp ecotech engine in a 1300lb car nice down payment for one maybe another cheaper exotic car like a tesla motors car or even a T-REX car

o here check out J-lenos car i get new letter from brammo who makes these cars it would kill any of our cars in here & prob alot of mkivs http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/index.shtml?vidID=80739

Dachande

Arrrrrr Matey
Apr 3, 2005
South Carolina
I'd get a new camry or a MKIV. MKIV over a MKIII, because it's a nicer car and there are a lot less junked/ragged/POS MKIVs out there to be associated with.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE said:
like what someone else said here save then 20 k and get an atom "Ariel Atom"
Atom FTW! But, I think you underestimate the cost. A really bad ass one is going to run nearly $60,000.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Wow, I feel like I'm the only one here, that thinks Toyota did a spectacular job on the MKIII - That's why I got one in the first place. Ignoring price, prestige, etc - the MKIII is my all around best daily driven car to build on.

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
Doward said:
Wow, I feel like I'm the only one here, that thinks Toyota did a spectacular job on the MKIII - That's why I got one in the first place. Ignoring price, prestige, etc - the MKIII is my all around best daily driven car to build on.

my car was excellent as a daily driver :icon_bigg
but then came the mods:biglaugh:

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
if I had 20 grand....... first I would finish my car with about 6k. and then i would buy a diesel truck. probably an old 12 valve cummins, or a powerstroke..... as for another fast car, if i was ever going to buy another sports car, I would get something different then my supra. i love my supra, but there is no sense having 2 cars that are really similar. maybe an 03-04 cobra, gto (6.0), or a vette. i like all kinds of cars, but im tired of this 275 whp garbage..... i need a t4 already!!!

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
emiliorescigno said:
Imagine real quick what a $3,000 AW11 MR2 with a $17,000 engine in it would be like.

Holy fuck.
well, i've changed my mind a little. I just got a busted ass '83 rx-7 for $500, soooo, how about $4500 for miscelaneaous(i can't spell so stfu) stuff like suspension, wheels, r-comps, interior work, maybe a little CF induced weight reduction, then $15,000 on a Periph-port supercharged 12A? i could get a 20B, but i like the thought of revving to 13000 rpms :) I wouldnt spare any money on a paintjob tho

zeroOne said:
twinturbo stroked 7m MK3 FTW!
a stroked 7M? they already make enough torque, mightas well hang on to the rpm range that you've got

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
flight doc89 said:
well, i've changed my mind a little. I just got a busted ass '83 rx-7 for $500, soooo, how about $4500 for miscelaneaous(i can't spell so stfu) stuff like suspension, wheels, r-comps, interior work, maybe a little CF induced weight reduction, then $15,000 on a Periph-port supercharged 12A? i could get a 20B, but i like the thought of revving to 13000 rpms :) I wouldnt spare any money on a paintjob tho

a stroked 7M? they already make enough torque, mightas well hang on to the rpm range that you've got

Swap a ls1 in that could be done pretty cheap and it would be hella sweet.