If you had 20 some odd grand.. mk4 or mk3? or mr2?

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
\\\\\ THERE'S ONLY THREE CHOICES /////

Why are people saying save it, buy this, do that. This is a budget he has for a car.

anyways...

If I had 20K, I would get a MKIV and do exactly what I'm doing to my MKIII right now.

Just my paint job on my MKIII is half of the $20K, plus everything else to finish it. Sooo I would take the MKIV, strip it, and rebuild it to new again. Of course that would take some time and more money.

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
half back my car build a crazy cylinder head run methanol and go race modified class

cort

Feb 25, 2007
los alamos, NM
flight doc89 said:
well, i've changed my mind a little. I just got a busted ass '83 rx-7 for $500, soooo, how about $4500 for miscelaneaous(i can't spell so stfu) stuff like suspension, wheels, r-comps, interior work, maybe a little CF induced weight reduction, then $15,000 on a Periph-port supercharged 12A? i could get a 20B, but i like the thought of revving to 13000 rpms :) I wouldnt spare any money on a paintjob tho

15 years ago IIRC i had 10 k and made the 1st gen wankel choice.
starting with the $500 version. It took me ~10 years to spend the 10K.
and it never failed to start when the engine was in the car. had a great time with that car and all the different port configurations.

somtime along the way I dumped 20 on an srt-4.

acouple years ago had 20K and decided to go with a mazdaspeed miata.
awesome car to drive and thats all its good for. when mywife and I would through a cruise we would inevetably wind up a jewelry stores. because there wasn't enough room for anything else in the car that she wanted to buy.

when I bought the msm I had offered 1K to a neighbor for his mk2, this past thanksgiving he decided to take me up on the offer.
by mid january it had a 7mgte in it and while I originally thought I would build it to race it quickly became my DD.

what am I getting at? from my experience I have had alot more fun building and driving "cheap cars" than the expensive ones.
so my answer is fix up the car you like the most.

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Seeing as I've spent 25-30k on the MKIII so far, if I had an extra 20k just for the three choices.....2J single into the MKIII, and use the rest toward finishing the car up.

Suprarook

Ninety-Chew Mk-Tree
Mar 18, 2007
wisconsin/illinois border
not to be rude...but WHERE is PuppyEater at anyways...he starts this thread that has had 10 pages of replys but he is nowhere on the thread.

So is that how this forum works, create a new thread and then just DiSaPpEaR............(maybe Harry Potter has somethin' to do with this !)

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Suprarook said:
not to be rude...but WHERE is PuppyEater at anyways...he starts this thread that has had 10 pages of replys but he is nowhere on the thread.

So is that how this forum works, create a new thread and then just DiSaPpEaR............(maybe Harry Potter has somethin' to do with this !)

Who cares?

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Tun_x said:
^ I know!!
^
anything new in the management department slow?

FAST XFI box with a belt drive Mallory Dizzy. Decided not to go mechanical.

Workign on the dry sump setup lately :)