I told a Honda forum that MkIII Supras are better..LOL

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
Well ladies and gents, I definitely have to agree with keros here. When i had my 91 turbo I had a blast with it. The accelaration, torque, boost and just the raw power it gave. Of course I would have to fill up once a day, but I enjoyed it.
Now with my 91 long gone. I had to buy an economy car because of my work. Got myself a 95 accord v-tec from my cousin. Drives really nice, great gas milliege, and way better cornering then my supra. Point is, if i wanted to race ill buy another supra. If I wanted to go for long drives, I'll take my accord. I upgrade my accord for fuel economy, and upgrade my supra for speed.

Last edited:

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
MassSupra89 said:
I agree with Figgie.
If a Vette owner just came into this thread and tried telling us his car could beat all Supra's and Civic's we'd all tell him to GTFO. Why be that guy?

+2

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
ForcedTorque said:
That's great represent'n Aaron. But don't be surprised when a Honda smokes you! I've seen 3-4 guys on a couple of other forums running 10's and plenty of them in the 12-13 range. The good thing about the Supra, is that you can do it with your stock motor. They have to do a motor swap, and then still have to lay out big bucks for a turbo kit.

Don't forget that they have to completely strip their interior also, and all their heat shields, timing cover, etc....LOL!

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
TurboWarrior said:
They can't be compared. Im sure we've all driven a civic. lol

I brought home my VERY first civic yesterday.... I have to admit.... 115 hp 01 civic LX felt like crap. A go cart will rape the living out of it. Cars so weak I can shift faster then its own RPM can drop when I clutch in. 18 second in the 1/4 FTW!!!!!

My 04 AV6 Accord on the other hand.... Pretty darn fast out of the box. Killed a G35 stock for stock.

Murder

I gots teh CARFAX y0!
Jan 26, 2007
Clifton, NJ
Weight plays a huge role with these things. A clean civic is going to cost less than a clean MKIII regardless, so we're spending more money for a faster stock car, but dollar for dollar, a grand total of $6000 for both car and mods will probably give you a Civic that'll dance circles around that MKIII. Now if you were talking about a sexy contest, that's a whole other story :D

jo7mge

ENIGMA
Jul 19, 2007
Anaheim
sports cars are sports cars economy box cars are for economy the only time i wish i had a honda are times like this when you drive down to arco and regular gas is 3.25 to 3.30 usd

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
RedEj8 said:
Now dont come crying to us when ur get your doors blown off by a little 89...

I promise not to...:sarcasm:

RedEj8 said:
OH and wow at how much better my 97 coupe handles than my mk3.

Which version of modded civic are you talking about?

'Cause you are not going to run 10's in a civic without slicks in the front and little skinny wheels and tires in the rear and a healthy shot of nitrous. And that version of a civic won't even hang with a supra on any road with anything that resembles a curve.

Civic's do not handle better than Supra's. Yeah, they're a little more nimble at low speed obviously (due to front wheel drive and their light weight) but that all goes away at a little higher speed where front wheel drive (said with disgust) and short wheelbase twitchyness makes them a scary, touchy, deathbox.

jo7mge

ENIGMA
Jul 19, 2007
Anaheim
not to mention most of the highly modded civics like the one suprabad is taking about are most likely not street legal

frax

Mar 24, 2007
los alamos
all i know is i would rather have my mk3 anyday. i had a friend who a civic 96 dx to be exact that had springs and an exhaust. it was a fun car to drive and autox in. but driving it wasn't that hard. i didn't need to worry about as many things. whereas in the supra i have to think about hitting the boost mid-corner. basically i like the supra more because it is more involving to drive.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
jo7mge said:
not to mention most of the highly modded civics like the one suprabad is taking about are most likely not street legal

And what about most of the supras on the forum... Expecially the ones in California.

jo7mge

ENIGMA
Jul 19, 2007
Anaheim
i mean come on most those cars gotta be stripped visually a cop sees that and yo ass gets towed what do u gotta worry about a supra besides a strong engine swap all you gotta worry about is if you get pulled over than again most likely a cop isnt gonna ask to pop your hood

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Folks, here's some food for thought.

Lots of people say, "Oh, the Supra isn't better than a Civic hatch with a bunch of mods done to it."

Really? Let's check a few things. Does that Honda have a targa roof? Cruise control? AC? Comfortable seats? Automatic climate control? Pop up headlights? Tilting and telescoping steering? Auto power windows?

Probably not.

Next... take something a bit more at the ends of the spectrum. Line up 3 cars...
- 1000hp Lada
- 1000hp Supra
- 1000hp Bugatti Veyron

They are all the same power. Which one do you think is going to handle the best? Which one will have the highest top speed? Which one will get the most pretty girls? Which one will be the most reliable? Which one do you suppose will take second in all those categories?

You can make ANY car fast. However, it's still going to be essentially the same car you started with. If you don't believe me, try getting an insurance payout for your Supra after you pile it into a tree with $100k in mods on it.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
aglllhhhh Bugatti
homer_drool.gif

blackturbona

May 10, 2007
kirkland
GrimJack said:
Folks, here's some food for thought.

Lots of people say, "Oh, the Supra isn't better than a Civic hatch with a bunch of mods done to it."

Really? Let's check a few things. Does that Honda have a targa roof? Cruise control? AC? Comfortable seats? Automatic climate control? Pop up headlights? Tilting and telescoping steering? Auto power windows?

Probably not.

Next... take something a bit more at the ends of the spectrum. Line up 3 cars...
- 1000hp Lada
- 1000hp Supra
- 1000hp Bugatti Veyron

They are all the same power. Which one do you think is going to handle the best? Which one will have the highest top speed? Which one will get the most pretty girls? Which one will be the most reliable? Which one do you suppose will take second in all those categories?

You can make ANY car fast. However, it's still going to be essentially the same car you started with. If you don't believe me, try getting an insurance payout for your Supra after you pile it into a tree with $100k in mods on it.

thats a fantastic point.... exactly why modded civics are lame...:D

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Back when I bought my Supra I could have bought a brand new Mitsubishi Mirage with the idea of swapping in some Lancer AWD Suspension/Driveline but when I compared the 2 cars based on their dynamics the Supra won hands down as no matter how fast/agile the Mirage would have been it would still have been a Mirage ;)

(The Mk3 is a VERY good car)

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
tissimo said:
There are more hondas faster then 12.0 then mkiiis by FAR!

Precisely the reason I would rather have a mk3...I detest going with the crowds. My second biggest issue with the honda platform is the FWD issue as already stated. RWD is just hands down FUNNER to drive. As for HP/weight ratio...I'll take my FC over the mk3. When entering a corner a little hot, I never felt like I was going to swap ends or just plain understeer my ass into a curb. The mk3 is a boat...no its a yacht.

But, as far as the original post goes, I think you just discoved how to be a troll and did absolutley nothing positive in your representation of th mk3 community...congratz :nono:

Last edited: