I fucking hate rachael ray

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Fuzz420 said:
Quoted for emphasis

And o.t i tip when i go out i here min wage is 5.15 but waiter/waitresses make half that so all there money is tips.Generally i recieve good service from the host/hostess.Im polite as possible cause i know the resturant buisness is. And in the end im well taken care of so i return the generosity with a 20%+ tip :)

GTFO our thread foo!

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I generally tip well, for the same reasons Mike stated. Usually at least 20% at restaurants.
I did, however, leave simply a well written note outlining why she did not receive a tip with an exceptionally bitchy waitress.
it's not MY fault she makes $2.36/hr...
she would pass by the table repeatedly without asking how the meal was, and when I tried to flag her down to ask for a refill on my drink and she simply said "::sigh:: yeah I guess... it's gonna be a while."
and when I finally got my soda, she put it on the table with a bit too much force, and slid it. some splashed out and on the table...
"here. don't drink this one so fast, ok?"
before I could respond, she was gone.
There were other things that were notably bad as well, but there's no use mentioning everything else.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
supra90turbo said:
...and when I finally got my soda, she put it on the table with a bit too much force, and slid it. some splashed out and on the table... "here. don't drink this one so fast, ok?"

Now that kind of crap will get me to leave a $.02 tip... There's never an excuse to act like that.

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
DreamerTheresa said:
What if it's a $38 dollar tab? Are you just going to leave $40?

Come on... if I'm willing to leave a $9 tip for an $11 meal, what makes you think I'd leave a $2 tip for a $38 meal? ;)

I'd just pay $50, probably even a little more if the waiter/waitress was good

L

lanky189

Supracentral said:

When you under tip, you fuck people over. It's not right. Based upon your attitude lanky, no one should serve you food because they should choose to do something better. You say "its not my fault that the only job they wanted/could find only pats 2.30 or whatever an hour" - so don't dine out. Since you appear to be of the opinon that anyone who serves you food is subhuman, live up to your own worlds.

I never said waiting was "sub-human" but just that those people need to accept the risk they are taking by working that job. I generally tip 15% sometimes more...but i will not listen to people telling me how to spend my money! I work my ass off for a little extra cash in order to go out..so just because i'm not as wealthy as you mike i shouldn't be able to go out because the wait staff is underpayed and its my responibility to compensate them? No sir...this is a country where you get to pick your OWN jobs....great..waiting is good for college kids because they need flexibility...in exchange for flexibilty they accept that there pay will depend directly on their customers kindness...

Seriously..who are any of you people to tell me how to spend my hard earned cash, that I didn't spend enough, or that I shouldn't spend at all!

Mike you and I see eye to eye on alot of things..but this I just can't understand.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
lanky189 said:
Mike you and I see eye to eye on alot of things..but this I just can't understand.

Maybe we do and we just are misunderstanding each other. I'll clarify:

If a waiter/waitress gives you acceptable service, I feel you should leave at least a 15%-20% tip. If they give you substandard service, you give them a smaller tip. If they completely blow, give them nothing. If the absolutely kick ass, give them more.

All I'm saying is the entire dining out experience is a luxury. If you can't afford (or are just unwilling to) pay the basic minimums listed above, you have, in my opinion, no business dining out. Go buy food, cook it and eat it, no waitstaff needed, money stays in your pocket and you don't fuck someone over who is counting on that tip to make a living.

Tips are the price of dining out. If you can't live with that, you shouldn't dine out.

That's what I was trying to say, and it sounds like you tip when you dine out, so I think it's simply a misunderstaning. Am I correct?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
DreamerTheresa said:
State your source. I wanna see where they've done that survey. For the most part, I'll agree that that's true.

If you wait, then you already know that. Don't you do political research? Those that go to church vote conservative 3:1, those that do the opposite vote liberal. Same with car buying. Gallup to answer your question.

mattgo

Oct 15, 2006
Anacortes, WA
Wow, minimum wage in other states are pretty low. Here in Washington it's $7.63 and I've worked in a couple of restaurants and have been paid $8.00/hr +tips (which would be around $20 on a weekday or $50 on a weekend) and same with anyone else I know. Shoot, even the dishwashers and bus boys make the same (less tips). It sucks that a lot of waiters and waitresses get paid only around $2 dollars +tip. These people have really tough jobs, not just bringing people food, but dealing with asshole customers who live by "the customer is always right." I've always wanted to take my tray and slap them in the head.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Nick M said:
If you wait, then you already know that. Don't you do political research? Those that go to church vote conservative 3:1, those that do the opposite vote liberal. Same with car buying. Gallup to answer your question.

Theresa waited tables in the past, I never have. We were both interested if you had a source, or if it was your gut telling you this. We both agree, but we were wondering if you had a citable source.

L

lanky189

Supracentral said:
Maybe we do and we just are misunderstanding each other. I'll clarify:

If a waiter/waitress gives you acceptable service, I feel you should leave at least a 15%-20% tip. If they give you substandard service, you give them a smaller tip. If they completely blow, give them nothing. If the absolutely kick ass, give them more.

All I'm saying is the entire dining out experience is a luxury. If you can't afford (or are just unwilling to) pay the basic minimums listed above, you have, in my opinion, no business dining out. Go buy food, cook it and eat it, no waitstaff needed, money stays in your pocket and you don't fuck someone over who is counting on that tip to make a living.

Tips are the price of dining out. If you can't live with that, you shouldn't dine out.

That's what I was trying to say, and it sounds like you tip when you dine out, so I think it's simply a misunderstaning. Am I correct?
spot on...

oki doke my apologies for the misunderstanding.