How Much Did You Spend?

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Shytheed Dumas said:
Come on Jay! Yours was one I couldn't wait to see a number on. Spill it. :naughty:

I know the answer to that!!!!:icon_razz :evil2:

Trust me he needs to be buried in it....lol:biglaugh:

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
its the same thing as having a build thread. just in this case you only say how much you dumped into your ride.

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
RacerXJ220 said:
I never understood why people would want to let others know how much they have put into their car.

to see how broke you are....
and to show the SUPRA comes first and family and friends second.
DUH!!!:biglaugh:

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
RacerXJ220 said:
I never understood why people would want to let others know how much they have put into their car.
i guess bragging rights.. i dunno.. some peole have really low ammounts in their cars and want to show off.. others have spend a ass load and want to show it off.. I dunno why I did.. I shouldn't have as it made me depressed and an STi is looking really appealing now.. lolol

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
jesus!!!!! you guys just DUMP money

Shell - 500
1JEngine Set - 1938
Emanage - 290
e-01 - 220
turbo timer - 90
BIC mounts - 175
hydro fan ecu - 70
muffler - 50
usb cable for shielded wires - 10
PS line custom - 50
Drive shaft - 80
3" Exhaust Piping - 60
Battery Relocation kit - 70
exhaust flanges - 17
BOV - 50

only $3748 total

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
I think that the whole "Let me try to hide how much money I have in this car." mantra only works when that money is still available in some form if the car was stolen. For me most of the money I've spent is just to get the god damned motor back to OEM except RUNNING. Actual mods that someone could resell if they stole my car would total about 1 months pay at McDonald's.

If on the other hand some guy posted about how he just bought some 5000 dollar dubs and left them in his unlocked garage at [insert address here] while he went away for a month then I would see a reason to worry about posting prices.:p

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Shytheed Dumas said:
Come on Jay! Yours was one I couldn't wait to see a number on. Spill it. :naughty:

Believe it or not, I've got more in just my 1jz swap than most of our members do in their car. I just totaled up my reciepts and I have $8000.00 in my 1jz swap. I know it sounds stupid and unbelievable, but it's the truth. I could have built one hell of a 7mgte with that, but once I start something I usually go all out......................nothing I can do about it now, but enjoy it.

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
"I never understood why people would want to let others know how much they have put into their car"

Why not? It means nothing anyway. No matter what, you gotta pay to play.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Well, it doesn't show how broke you are.

And it's not "hide how much is in your car" it's "Volunteering information about a prized possesion." Why the hell would you put $70,000 into a car unless you want people to know it means a lot to you?

People who do this are basically telling everyone to look at their car, including thieves or someone wanting to take revenge on you. We've all bought something off of someone or eventually will. Someone out there has your address, or even just your name/city, and that's all you need.

I'm just too paranoid, but ahem, with as much as I've put into my car I wouldn't risk it :) People are going to have to search through the threads and my posts to see what I have and they'll have their work cut out for them.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
RacerXJ220 said:
Well, it doesn't show how broke you are.

Well I'm doing my taxes now and I made under 10K last year (I'm a student, not a hobo), and as mentioned my car has about $4000 into it. So yes, it shows how broke I am.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
staticpat said:
Well I'm doing my taxes now and I made under 10K last year (I'm a student, not a hobo), and as mentioned my car has about $4000 into it. So yes, it shows how broke I am.

Wow.

keo

Apr 2, 2005
RI
im just under 17K usd, including price of the car as of 2006.
i added another 2g's already and the years just starting. lolz

And i only put on like 500miles since the 2years i owned it. No nothing was broken or down.

Now i feel depress.