How Much Did You Spend?

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
I have 10k into my '88T project car so far, (and another estimated 15k to finish it). That includes purchase price ($1900).
My n/a dd is up to 10k , but its pretty much finished and I've owned and driven it daily for 7 yrs as well. All Canadian $$

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Never EVER add up what it costs to build a car. EVER.

As a matter of fact, I now need to go look at naked women or something so I'll stop adding shit up in my head.

Bastard...

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
suprahero said:
Believe it or not, I've got more in just my 1jz swap than most of our members do in their car. I just totaled up my reciepts and I have $8000.00 in my 1jz swap. I know it sounds stupid and unbelievable, but it's the truth. I could have built one hell of a 7mgte with that, but once I start something I usually go all out......................nothing I can do about it now, but enjoy it.

I don't think it's unbelievable. Your car stickered for over $30K when it was new, and for somewhere around half of that (all things considered, I would guess) you will have a better performing, better looking, and more reliable car than you would've had new and one that you adore more than ANYTHING you could've had for the same money in '07. Sounds like a deal to me, and there are others on this forum who have done about the same. Hopefully I will be one of them one day... :icon_bigg

The Evil Twin_7MGE

*edit* -gte
Oct 26, 2006
NJ
2.8k for the clean 89 na. Around .5k in repairs over 2 yrs. Now around 4.5k in the gte swap and exhaust. Grand total, around 8k

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
My current supra: $4000+
If I go back and add in all the ones before that then it's something like $15k.

Yeah I could have used the money for something else, but it always seemed like it was worth it and it still does.

derK

Mar 31, 2005
CANADA
about $20 000 CDN including the cost of the car. A huge chunk of that was for rust repair and paint so i'm not sure if that's considered a mod.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Supracentral said:
Never EVER add up what it costs to build a car. EVER.

As a matter of fact, I now need to go look at naked women or something so I'll stop adding shit up in my head.

Bastard...

Now you tell me.................:nono: It's too late. I've already added up everything, but no one is going to find out the grand total. I think I carried a six when I should have been carrying a one or something. It just doesn't add up....................:biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
:momaru: ....420, and before you say I am, let me say I'm not,....... a post whore...........:biglaugh:

^^^^^I rest my case, uh, I mean your case.

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
all thousands of dollars aside, we do it because we love it, and if its not putting your life in a dangerous financial halt, then continue breathing life into the wonderful expensive hobby and enjoy yourself.

dav_dman

old guy
Oct 23, 2005
louisville KY/so.IN metro area
we post this cuz misery loves company?

cuz i wanna know im not the only dumbass around?

cuz everytime i do something and "that's enough" i think "well , maybe one more mod" ?

I'm in for 7500 and probably have another 1000 i'll put into it. And then drive it a yr and sell it for half that.

But it'll be a helluva yr ;-D

Red7m

Oct 16, 2005
Hollidaysburg PA
I paid 9.5K for the car and the previous owners had about 20k into it. And it is basically stock. I blew the headgasket and let it set now it has rodknock, so I am looking at around $3.5k-4k for that.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
I have a total of $1600 in my Supra, and that includes title and registration;)

And for the RED car......see SupraCentral's post!:biglaugh: