How have you improved your car since you've owned it?

NATAN666

yarrrrr
Apr 4, 2005
BC
user.dccnet.com
welp, just did a little bit more work. put in a cd player and replaced the front stock speakers with some nice little JBL 4" two way speakers that grimjack kindly pointed out I had and were worth using. heh, i would have totally never though about using them. but ya they sound great except for lacking in the low end... so im gonna install some 6X9s or 6 inch 2 ways today. woot.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
1986.5 N/a...

-replaced one tail light seal..the other hasn't busted yet.
-i've washed it.
-tried to shine the neglected rims...not exactly getting a shine but closer
-began flusning power steering fluid...might just dumb it now that i'm BHGing.
-was about to change spark plugs but then...BHG just before i pulled in the garage
-new distributor cap and rotor...helped a lot.
-next on list was new spark plg wires...but now i'll be spending money on new hoses and misc stuff in my BHG job.
-next i'm sealing the leaks in the hatch and....
-replacing struts.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Well when I first bought it, the car ran fine...

Now, there's no motor in it... I guess you could say at this point, I've made it worse...
11lhc8g.jpg

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
-got rid of the rice-tastic exhaust
-painted the wheels gunmetal (were stock peeling silver) (they're 91-92 wheels)
-painted lots of trim and the wipers
-fixed interior lights
-re-wired the fog lights to work better;)
-installed 19k mile jdm 7m-gte (got rod knock in the 104k mile motor (was NOT taken care of before i owned it)
-new rad., water pump, timing belt, fan, fan clutch, fan shroud, misc. coolant system items
-now run all royal purple :D
-misc. aesthetic parts
-top end re-build on jdm motor (arp head studs @ 80 ft-lbs, greddy timing belt)
-polished all oxidizing paint areas
-brembo cross drilled rotors, and ceramic pads
-new battery

problems right now
-leaking oil pan gasket :-/
-squealing power steering pump
-oil press. gauge pegged out
-rusted rear wiper

needs
-bigger turbo
-standalone ecu
-upgraded fuel sys.
-upgraded intake (mani., ic, piping)
-upgraded clutch
-wider wheels

Last edited:

wizard_len

Feb 27, 2006
Louisiana
Mine was bought from the original owner who was a car nut, so it was well cared for. However, it had been sitting up for almost three years after he replaced it as daily driver with an Audi. I took care of some minor bodywork issues, recovered the driver's seat, fixed the cruise control, powdercoated the sawblades, replaced the dry rotting Firestone tires, replaced the master windows switch, recovered the steering wheel, new shift and e-brake boots, replaced a broken fog light, etc. Nothing much mechanical needed or done, just cosmetic and accessory repairs to make it look and work like the lady it is.

P

Pokey

5% tint all around
auto to 5sp swap
2 rodknocks-now saving up for 2jz swap while i am in korea!

jazzsaxman1988

smells like burnt waffles
May 6, 2006
Dinwiddie, VA
www.cygnusx1.net
New rear windshield
new JDM 7mge
new rear tranny seal
new radiator
new battery
fixed knock sensor circuit

needs:
new interior
new TPS
new exhaust system
new intake system
new shocks/springs
new paint
new sound system
new rims
new tires
the list goes on...

i might as well just go on and do a turbo swap, really... either that or get a turbo supra

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
I havent done much but I think she looks a lot better now then when I frist bought her.

Right after I bought her notice white targa lol aka inside out panda

after

Added the jza70 lip

hope you all enjoyed :biglaugh:

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
your car looks really nice... by far my favorite model (black, 89-90 grey trim)
Zerocool said:
I havent done much but I think she looks a lot better now then when I frist bought her.

Right after I bought her notice white targa lol aka inside out panda

after

Added the jza70 lip

hope you all enjoyed :biglaugh:

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
My father got a new air filter, body twice repainted, also a new door and 2 new windows. Hmmm... sawblades repainted and some new leather interior and engine overhaul (goddamn previous owner put some piece of Taurus into 7m so it got f-ed up grrr). Who doesn't change any bulbs or lights....:icon_bigg , he also got the fuel tank replaced with a new one and the exhaust repaired, minor other engine parts replaced also. Oh, and I've just done the SOGI short shift mod, wohoo :runaway:
So not much at all :icon_bigg

Last edited:

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
My 89 came to me in relatively good shape. Aside from a botched wiring job under the dash and a manual boost controller than was installed in such a way as to provide a boost leak, it was pretty solid. Changed a few bulbs and checked the oil religously... she ran fine until it developed severe boost leak. Still working on that problem now, lol.

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
new summer and winter tires, intake, new radiator, new rotors all around, changed it to synthetic oil and premium gas, new window switches replaced shift know and shift boot, new head gasket, new power steering hard line, new headlight, new front bumper, had the rear end completly rebuilt(she hit a curb), detail the car once a month wow now that i look at it i spend way to much on the car but i love having the supra!!