How have you improved your car since you've owned it?

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
I bought my car with hole in block, BHG, and bad turbo. I bought another mkiii just so I could use the engine and rebuilt it using metal headgasket, arp bolts, replaced the internals and put it into my 91. since I have got it running I have installed intake, BIC ddp, blitz nur spec exhuast and hks ssq bov.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
From the top!!!!
Before me previous owner let the car get hit on front pas side, huge storm hailed on it hard, interior looked like rats were living in it, and it was running on 5 cylinders. He then traded it at a local dealership on a Hyundai (Supra for a Hyundai smart guy)!!! I bought the car on a back lot special for $600.00 I got screwed now that I think about it.

Replaced,
Clip, front fenders, hood, pas side door, headlight, targa, hatch, 3 piece spoiler, trim, complete interior with the exception of plastic trim in the car. PDR roof behind targa and passenger side quarter. Drivers side avoided hail. Primed painted and cleared back to original color put all new gaskets in where needed. Got car running back on six, and polished the stock sawblades. Just recently bought a stock lip and seatbelt guides on the forum and now car looks and drives perfect and is 100% complete. Did all work myself and I am very prowed of it. I have a ton of pride in this car because I saved it from the junkyard. I am currently searching for turbo car for ge-te swap. I want to find a whole car for a engine build and manual swap. I plan to get 18s and springs. Got DA SOUP lic plates!! The car is now my summer toy and very exspensive pass time.
Da Soup

Last edited:
Made it run lol.
I bought it with a blown engine
4 cylinders full of water and no 6 rod bearing was shot, cylinders rust pitted very badly, rings gummed up so bad they had no tension. Rotted hoses and IC pipes. Blown turbo.
Well its running and its a nice clean car now that I put some elbow grease into it.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
This April will be one year.
18 in Zenetti Vega's w/Nitto NT555's
complete stereo w/ speakers
front seats
transmission
3' exhaust w/ free flow secondary cat
Suprasport upper IC pipe
Lipp free flow turbo elbow
modified front bumper cover to house 2 Hella driving lights
modified front bumper for free flow to radiator
PWR radiator
a pillar gauges
Grant GT w/ working horn(imagine that!)
relocated cruise control to lumbar switch on arm rest console
electric fan with relay
slightly trimmed hood
and a few other things...

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
it's been about a year and a half since i bought mine. was in great condition intirior and extirior, but it had a bhg that i didnt know about. i'll try to go in order:

replaced clutch master cylender(old one blew in a week)

MHG that included ARP's, all new silicon hoses, spark plugs, T belt, all new gaskets, coolant flush

brembo rotors, ss lines, metal master pads, spec stage 2, 50 trim ct rebuild, bic dp, mbc, K&N FPIK, catback is supposed to be in shipping but 935 lost my CC info:icon_conf

i did all the work. which is something i'm proud of cuz i had about zero expiriance before i owned this car, this being my first car. and so far everything is working great. and da89soup, thats how it should be, taking something that was worth nothing an making it into a head turner. keep it up man.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
How have I improved it?

Made it run again.
New FPR, new FPD
New Rotor and cap
New plugs
Replaced all the old brittle and cracked vacuum lines
Replaced the stock grounds and added several
New driving lights
New rotors all the way around
New calipers all the way around (kind wish I'd painted them before I had put them on though.... now I keep putting it off)
New brake pads
Replaced missing interior panels
Kenwood HU and speakers (still need an amp and sub though)
Apexi intake
89+ CC with blue, white and red LEDs
Put blue LEDs in all the switches, even the driver side window switches
Blue LED footwell lighting for both sides, connected to dome circuit
Replaced passenger door
Stripped nasty, bubbly and fogged purple tint
Replaced EVERYTHING in both passenger side wheel wells.... control arms, knuckles, rear endlink, etc...
New tires

Oh, and I have a nice new bumper, but it needs paint.... hell the whole car needs paint.

This has become a complete restoration project.... then I'll start REALLY upgrading it. But hey, at least I saved it from the crusher!

blkt72

Aug 14, 2005
Dayton, Ohio
GotToyota? said:
How have you improved your car since you purchased it from the previous owner? I believe that the previous owner of my car wasn't very mature. The car was dirty, there were many problems. Many of the interior parts were gross, blah blah blah. The tint is peeling horribly, you get the idea. Since I've gotten it, I've put in a low mileage JDM 7M-GE, new clutch, new front rotors, new brake pads, Kenwood headunit, Polk speakers, new shift boot, new shift knob, new emergency brake boot, and armrest. Tint is also getting put on tomorrow should look sweet. I also fill up everytime with 93 octane, I NEVER go lower (I LOVE my baby :love:). What have you guys done?

-Matt

Let's see, I've spun 3 rod bearings in 2 motors since I bought it (that's 3 motor swaps, I repaired one and slapped it in the car for Toronto the year before last). Still sitting in the garage and has been for the last year and a half, It ought to come out pretty strong, when it does.

I think I've driven it for maybe 3 months in the 20 I've owned. Right now it's less than what I bought since it doesn't run. Does have Tein's and 18" Volks on it that it didn't have when I bought it. Also have a $15K pile of of parts waiting to go on. My overall pile is greatly improved, but I still don't have a running Supra and I DID start with one.

-Nick

mkIIIsupra

Jun 20, 2005
Seattle Wa.
I bought my supra completly stock and had no clue what I was getting into! Since I've got it I did a major cleaning to the whole car (was a detailer at the time.) Ive done basic bolt ons, removed the purple tint, suspension work,engine,trans,rear end,heater core,tune up,stereo,Interior work,and so much more!I feel this car will never be done at time's!But I'll never get rid of it.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
I've had mine for 1/2 years, and in about two weeks from now I will have converted from auto to 5-speed (with a SPEC III clutch, fidenza flywheel & lightened pressure plate), put in a new motor w/ forged internals & rebuilt head, 550's, FFI, FMIC, ball bearing CT 60-1 w/ JBL oil lines, 3" exhaust, MAFT Pro, Q45TB, Tail BOV, electric fan, wideband & probably a SSAutocrome exhaust manifold w/ external wastegate (provided that I can successfully mount my CT to it).....

You know, just a few things...... :biglaugh:

Last edited:

amd_hcds

Dec 20, 2005
Chicago,IL
I bought my supra in great condition but I was having to much fun that I had a BHG followed by a rod-knock and recently a boost leak..looking for a used JDM 7M-GTE to swap it in cause mine is too messed up to be rebuilt.

Other than that I installed Split Fire platinum spark plugs.New Stereo,installed a 15" electric fan,fixed the A\C,fixed boost leaks for several times

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
don't know if I've 'improved' it one bit but it's a heck of a lot faster when it's not on jackstands, lol

oh, and about 10k poorer

C.44

Apr 7, 2005
Behind the keyboard...
Bought mine with a 7mge that threw a rod out...through the block ;). Engine was basically shot, put another 7mge in, had that rebuild first. That has worn its rodbearings twice, after that the pistons had just a "tad" more play then they should.

Now i'm throwing in a 7mgte, yet to decided with which turbo (ct26 is shot ;)), ss earls brake and clutchlines, lotek hack-it-up-then-fibre-it-back-together-3 pod a pillar, a set of Brock B1's (9"x17" and 10"x17") with Dunlop SP9000 tires. New Greddy Type S BOV. Alpine Headunit, 2x DLS CA21 amplifiers, DLS 12" sub.

oh and a carpc on its way :D

e90suprat

Mechanically challenged
May 8, 2005
Douglasville, GA
I'm the 2nd owner of my 90t, with all receipts for everything EVER done to the car, including the window sticker and bill of sale. She was stock and in great shape when I got it, then I added all the shit listed below, and I'll add more as I get the $$.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
GotToyota? said:
JDM 7M-GE, new clutch, new front rotors, new brake pads, Kenwood headunit, Polk speakers, new shift boot, new shift knob, new emergency brake boot, and armrest. Tint is also getting put on tomorrow should look sweet. I also fill up everytime with 93 octane, I NEVER go lower (I LOVE my baby :love:). What have you guys done?

-Matt

Why 93???, it can make ur car ping, i forget what it is high or low detination,
ur NA not Turbo 87 will run in an NA very well.