How do you guys react when you see a fellow MK3 owner?

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
How do you guys react when you see one driving on the road, either the other way or on the road near you, etc?

As bad as this may sound, I tend to ignore them completely. I'll keep the reasons for that to myself though :p

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
Over the years, I've come to realize that it doesn't matter if it's an MK3 owner or not - If they're an idiot, they're an idiot. I'll do a mutual recognition if they do...But I never bother anymore to initiate anything. For some reason, it seems people with other cars respect a clean mk3 more than your average mk3 owner.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
BlackMKIII;879062 said:
I usually wave, or throw up a peace sign. They usually return the gesture, or give me the finger. :icon_conf

Sorry for giving you the finger. :evil2:

I see MK3 N/A owners as Ricers, Besides Boris. ;)

I talk with them, 75% of the time they're cool. :)

I met a nice MILF at work, with a 92 Teal with Moonroof, she let me take it for a Spin after I sold her a cell phone. I also setup her TV, and had to run to my job to pick up a few parts and she let me take her Supra. Also another reason, i picked up another one of these cars. So we had a little thing for eachother, but it didn't last due to school and work on my part. Last thing we did together was go to the Movies and i fixed her heater resistor the same night. :icon_bigg

I think i'll call her, Man Auto Turbo Supras are smooth. :icon_bigg

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I'd say 50% of the time they are just as excited as me, stop, pull over and talk supra's.... but then the other 50%, they pretend to not even notice. I think thats kinda lame personally.... lol one guy I ran into a few times, every time he caught a glimpse of me he would speed away over 100...

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Zumtizzle;879080 said:
I see MK3 N/A owners as Ricers, Besides Boris. ;)

Ouch!

Actually...I do too, even though I'm N/A. I actually brought up this topic because today some beat-up looking red supra tried egging me on to race him or something. It was spoilerless, lacked a turbo badge, and I heard no BOV (so I assume it was N/A) but it had a 3 inch exhaust, so who knows. Definitely seemed like a ricer-type person.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
The only ones I see around here are usually sitting in a yard. I've offered to buy each of them, but they wanted ridiculous amounts for them, with the work they needed. Why so much? It's a Supraahhh!!!! Freakin' 'tards.

Supposedly, there's 2 or 3 other white mkiii's in town, and occasionally I see a maroon one, and a black one.

The only mkiv I know of in town is some d-bag working at A.Z. He bought it when he got out of the service, and put a Skyline (RB36?) motor in it. Why? To be different. He wanted $3k for the 2jzgtte he pulled out of it....

1jzsupbra

Jun 25, 2007
New Orleans, La.
Three of the ten I've seen (yeah I'm taking inventory) are clean. The rest are in normal to very bad shape. Still always happy to see one. I wish there where more out there, New Orleans isn't that small..............

eman2289

Noob..but not incompetent
Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
I usually wave or give a head nod. It just seems to me that there are a lot of people with them around here that have them and dont know what they have. An MKII came into a parking lot where my friends 91 was sitting in plain view, he just drove right past it.