How do you guys react when you see a fellow MK3 owner?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
johnathan1;879916 said:
I daily drive my Porsche now, and the Supra is usually in the garage...and I have never, not once had another Porsche driver wave at me or acknowledge me in any way... :\

That's like saying, "Well, I drive an old turbodiesel benz and the other benz drivers don't wave at me."

Blackfin

Beach Bum
Jun 16, 2005
John's Pass, Florida
Jonathan,

that is a very nice Porsche. The 924 is getting quite hard to find so nice anymore. I looked for photos of mine but could not find. It's not so rare of a model though.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Zumtizzle;879080 said:
and i fixed her heater resistor the same night. :icon_bigg

:rofl: Is that what they call it these days? :biglaugh: :naughty:

Zumtizzle;879080 said:
Man Auto Turbo Supras are smooth. :icon_bigg
Amen, Brother...Amen. :naughty:

_

If I'm in my A70 and see another Supra driving...
I'll get up beside him in a safe fashion, give him a thumbs up.
Response? "WTF is this guy giving me a thumbs up for....?"
Or, if the owner knows what he has, will get just as excited as me and 95% of the time immediately wants to pull over and chat.

If I'm in the Cadillac, I simply snap a picture with the camera phone, jump on the local boards, find out who it is, stalk him, find out where he lives, is SSN...and then,...

...:nono:

..........I just want to have more Supra friends...That's all. :icon_bigg

-Jeff

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
AF1JZ;879533 said:
Define "Old"

Why, are you self conscious or somethin? lol It says on your profile that you're 25.

By old, I mean the older people/senior citizens you see that are driving around without a clue as to what they posess, i.e. a Mkiv or an 07 C6. At the same time, I guess it's good that the car's being enjoyed by someone instead of being wrecked or in a junkyard because of some dipshit that just got his license and wants to "T0ky0 Dr1ft teh Supra!!!!11".

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
ya know, just before i bought my supra i saw them AT LEAST once a day....even mkiv's for about 2 weeks in my area. After that....one, for the rest of the summer and he was cruising on the other side of the road (about 2 months).

Luckily i joined wvstreets.com when i got to school and joined the local car scene, a couple days prior to my sign-up another mkiii in the area signed up. Were pretty good car buddies now and always have shit to work on between our cars. I later met up with another MKIII guy with 3 of em and 1 1jz swapped one. Its funny how you can become good friends with someone all b/c of them having the same car.

There are 3 mkiii's at wvu i know of, two of whom i know personally, and have only ever seen my one buddy driving around in his. Kinda sucks but kinda cool knowing how individual of a car it is. I get people "sighting" me ALL the time cause its very unique for the area which is just flooded with mustangs and WRX's