How about Jacksonville peeps?

oscar35783

Feb 24, 2006
Jax, FL
black87turbo;1031804 said:
i can tell you what i am going to put down right now...no more than 300 at the wheel....i wont be tuned and running 14 psi on the stock ct .....so more like 270

I think it's more like 275 at the wheel. I know that TRD licencse plate cover will add an extra 5 horses.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
oscar35783;1031917 said:
I think it's more like 275 at the wheel. I know that TRD licencse plate cover will add an extra 5 horses.

how could i forget about that plate cover????? and all the stickers i have aquired? check that hp number i told you scottie....im lookin at right around 500....

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
i was gonna say...275 hp to the wheels. I DONT FUKING THINK SO !
You spent too much time and money on that engine just to put down 50hp more then stock.I would personally like to see you and Matt get down on the strip.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
87nasupra;1031983 said:
i was gonna say...275 hp to the wheels. I DONT FUKING THINK SO !
You spent too much time and money on that engine just to put down 50hp more then stock.I would personally like to see you and Matt get down on the strip.

and i could tell you what you would see....Val would rev to about 3000 rpm and get to the finish line about 5 seconds after Matt! :biglaugh:

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
black87turbo;1031998 said:
and i could tell you what you would see....Val would rev to about 3000 rpm and get to the finish line about 5 seconds after Matt! :biglaugh:

Haha, thats faster then i could get there. whats wrong with the car Val? i'm not up to date on what the new engine is doing.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
87nasupra;1032038 said:
Haha, thats faster then i could get there. whats wrong with the car Val? i'm not up to date on what the new engine is doing.

there is a thread about it in the genereal discussion....on the 1st page....for now....the title reads "my new motor"

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
sounds like a fuel issue. if it does the same thing each time i would think injector pulsing/backward injector harness? If your avalible on monday im off work. ill get my injector light and we can check that if you want.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Well it is running and it sounds healthy! Big thanks to Matt for all of his help!

I have not taken out for a drive yet due to my brakes which need bleeding and a power steering leak that i need to trace tommorow.....all we had to do to fix that problem i was having was to adjust the TPS and the CPS slightly. We checked the ECU for voltage going to each injector as well as to the ignitor because I had a code 24 and a 14....adjusting the TPS fixed them both....for reasons still unknow because the TPS code is 51......So no more codes....I am taking my sled for a drive tommorow! :evil2:

Last edited:

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
She lives and drives.....::w00t:: still as expected I have a couple of issues.....power steering is leaking, damn drain plug is leaking (need new gasket) AFR gauge is INOP for some reason....it doesn't matter what i am doing, it is reading at one number....10. still need to bolt down the bumper brackets on the side and put on the hood. I do have some white smoke puffing out but Matt and I both think that it is probably the turbo seals....and not the valve stem seals. ( because i had them replaced ) But i guess we will find out what it is sometime this week when we pull the turbo and crank it up to see if i have that white smoke coming from the exhaust manifold or not.....

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
yeah I think the turbo puffed in the old motor but there was a chance that it could have been the valve stem seals so i didn't really know....i would not think that it is the valve stem seals in this motor though but like I said we are going to find out. I probably wont drive until I get that wideband gauge to cooperate...I already have 4 miles on it!

ISE5150

Anthony
May 3, 2007
Florida
Hey all,
Val good on ya man. Sorry I haven't been around. Today has been the first day I have been able to get online to see everyone. Had to go to NC to get a tractor running (Don't ask, long story), I left Jax Wednesday the 7th. When I got back I had to turn around wash my clothes repack and headed out here to WY where I'm working aircraft. If you need to get rid of the engine hoist just let me know and I'll find out when someone will be at the house so you could drop it off.
On a seperate note Rusty (Curtis, 90 white NA) called me looking for fan, shroud, and clutch. Guess his got loose and he lost them. Poor bastard, I told him to get on here and talk to you guys. Anyone that might be able to help it would be appreciated.
Alright fella's hope to see everyone around the middle of August. Good luck with the rest of the projects.

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
Anthony: i got curtis hooked-up and done.
Oscar: when are you gonna find out whats up with the coolant smell under your hood?

i'm gonna be fixing my brake line, caliper, and strut on thrusday. I might possibly be throwing the r-154 in the n/a. Auto is slipping.....If you guys have a stock clutch and PP in good shape let me know how much you want for it. If anybody wants to give a hand. Let me know, i might need somebody to hold my beer.:biglaugh:

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
87nasupra;1038958 said:
Anthony: i got curtis hooked-up and done.
Oscar: when are you gonna find out whats up with the coolant smell under your hood?

i'm gonna be fixing my brake line, caliper, and strut on thrusday. I might possibly be throwing the r-154 in the n/a. Auto is slipping.....If you guys have a stock clutch and PP in good shape let me know how much you want for it. If anybody wants to give a hand. Let me know, i might need somebody to hold my beer.:biglaugh:

I have the stock clutch and PP! both in pretty good shape!
say 60 for both...shipping is free as long as you come pick it up :icon_bigg

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
Oscar-I'm jealous. Nice lip. Wish i had one of those for mine

Val- i might take you up on that offer. I need a trans QUICK! I don't wanna use my r-154 if i dont have to. If i can find another one around somewhere, i will, but if i can get a w58 full swap i'll go for that.

Matt-You got 2 Auto trans sittin around don't you ? No 5-spds

Help a brother out !