How about Jacksonville peeps?

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
I was going to pull it tomorrow and take it to my machine guy....pick it up sunday and get it back together by monday. drive it on tuesday, BUT i picked up this other one. I dont need to do all of that now :biglaugh:

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
87nasupra said:
I was going to pull it tomorrow and take it to my machine guy....pick it up sunday and get it back together by monday. drive it on tuesday, BUT i picked up this other one. I dont need to do all of that now :biglaugh:

From experience with Matt's HG, i can almost guarantee you that you will not be able to do that!!!!! Like Ian said it is a big freakin job. When i do mine i was thinking about setting aside like 2 months or so. Hell its taking me a month to do some maintenance :biglaugh: i.e fix the hatch, fix the clutch line, install the 89+ tails, IC pipes, catch can.....etc. You get the picture. Ask Matt how long he waited on his head from the machine shop.........

kuongie

kung pao
Aug 8, 2006
jacksonville
when im ready to do my HG ill make sure to talk to you guys, i didnt know there was that much involved.... i have very basic knowledge mechanically but im quick to work on a car!! just curious on the topic of local shops, is there anybody in town that knows all about 1j swaps who works on mk3s??

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
kuongie said:
when im ready to do my HG ill make sure to talk to you guys, i didnt know there was that much involved.... i have very basic knowledge mechanically but im quick to work on a car!! just curious on the topic of local shops, is there anybody in town that knows all about 1j swaps who works on mk3s??

uhhhhh. I am not sure but I highly doubt it. Are you trying to go 1J ???? I'll tell you what....buy the clip, some beer, some chicken (preferably marinated because Oscars chicken was damn good :icon_bigg ) then oscar, myself, Brad, probably Matt, Scottie and yourself will swap the 1J into your car. Now I am not volunteering anyone, I am just saying that people will go to great lengths for some Chicken and BEER!!!!! :biglaugh:

Oh and that would save you about $1500 in labor.

oscar35783

Feb 24, 2006
Jax, FL
black87turbo said:
uhhhhh. I am not sure but I highly doubt it. Are you trying to go 1J ???? I'll tell you what....buy the clip, some beer, some chicken (preferably marinated because Oscars chicken was damn good :icon_bigg ) then oscar, myself, Brad, probably Matt, Scottie and yourself will swap the 1J into your car. Now I am not volunteering anyone, I am just saying that people will go to great lengths for some Chicken and BEER!!!!! :biglaugh:

Oh and that would save you about $1500 in labor.

That chicken is so good, makes you wanna smack your mama!:slap:

oscar35783

Feb 24, 2006
Jax, FL
black87turbo said:
To Oscar/Brad: Which one of you wants to post the pics of the custom TRD shaft in Oscars car ? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

I think Brad has the picture saved on his phone. That used to be his old set up on his car but he upgrade to a bigger one. :greddy: :flamed: LOL. So, he'd put it in my car. Not my cup of tea.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
oscar35783 said:
I think Brad has the picture saved on his phone. That used to be his old set up on his car but he upgrade to a bigger one. :greddy: :flamed: LOL. So, he'd put it in my car. Not my cup of tea.

If I recall correctly that is the 10 inch TRD shaft in your car right now right???? :biglaugh: So Brad must have gone with an oversized shaft like he did with the valves. BTW oscar, didn't you give him those valves??? I guess giving you the TRD shaft was the least he could have done!!!! You'll have to test it out for us and let us know how it feels to feel ALL of the horses!!! :rofl: :greddy:

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
black87turbo said:
From experience with Matt's HG, i can almost guarantee you that you will not be able to do that!!!!! Like Ian said it is a big freakin job. When i do mine i was thinking about setting aside like 2 months or so. Hell its taking me a month to do some maintenance :biglaugh: i.e fix the hatch, fix the clutch line, install the 89+ tails, IC pipes, catch can.....etc. You get the picture. Ask Matt how long he waited on his head from the machine shop.........

Val : i know the guy at the shop......I'm doing a tranny swap for him and he was gonna do my head in the same day ( the shop is usually closed on the weekend ). It's not that big of a job....once you get it on and torque it down, you can take your time putting everything else back together. It took me a few hours to get everything back together

kuongie

kung pao
Aug 8, 2006
jacksonville
hey do you guys really wanna do the swap??? cuz my 1jz clip is at stage six and its probably doing nothing right now but waiting to be touched by a bunch of surpa guys that love chicken and beer :biglaugh: .. on a serious note though, i dont have a garage to do the swap nor the tools but im willing to buy some good fuckin chicken and whatever beer yall drink to get my car started again... so let me know who can lend me a garage, tools and what not to get this started and ill have my car and 1j outta there by monday. LMK!!!

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Dude If I had a free garage.... I would let you put your car in there. But when you walk into my garage......what do you see??? You see a supra on jackstands. :biglaugh: Most everyone is getting their cars ready for the meet in Tampa in Nov. so that is why most of the garages are taken up. I know a guy that might be able to help w/ garage space though... Let me talk to him and I will get back to you. :icon_bigg

oscar35783

Feb 24, 2006
Jax, FL
::bhg:: You might be a Supra owner if your car is on a jackstands more than the pavement from never ending repairs and upgrade.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
oscar35783 said:
::bhg:: You might be a Supra owner if your car is on a jackstands more than the pavement from never ending repairs and upgrade.

Guess what??? My damn CPS fell apart today. I touched the freaking harness to see if one of the clips was broken and the damn cover off of the cps just fell off. I am like WTF?? It does not appear to be leaking or anything but i think I will get one in good condition anyways. I went to the junk yard today with matt......picked up a few good parts!!! :icon_bigg Unfortunately the CPS was not one of them. If anyone has an 89+ intercooler or a CPS in good working condition i will gladly take either one off of your hands!!!!

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
black87turbo said:
Dude If I had a free garage.... I would let you put your car in there. But when you walk into my garage......what do you see??? You see a supra on jackstands. :biglaugh: Most everyone is getting their cars ready for the meet in Tampa in Nov. so that is why most of the garages are taken up. I know a guy that might be able to help w/ garage space though... Let me talk to him and I will get back to you. :icon_bigg

Got a bud that works @ public storage HAHAHAHAHAHAHA . He got his discount for a storage unit and ill act like im gonna pay for it ( thats what the invoice will say atleast ). I'm getting that shiz for free. It's sitting there now waiting on the harvest to begin :evil2:

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Wuz up fellas?! I will be working on my car all day today if anyone wants to come by and help out........:icon_bigg Chicken and beer will be provided!!
(or vodka and pelmeni) :biglaugh: If you come at 3 or so I will also throw in a TRD shaft!!!!! :naughty: Oscar knows all about it :biglaugh:

oscar35783

Feb 24, 2006
Jax, FL
LOL, I guess everybody is getting their car ready for the Tampa meet. Cross our fingers and hope we all make it without having BHG or rod knock.