How about Jacksonville peeps?

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
I feel as if something is wrong with my car seriously. When i put my foot in the gas it feels like im not going anywhere. Before when i stuck my foot in it , it moved. Now when i do it all i get are high rpm's and 0-60 in 2 minutes. This SUCKS !!!!!!!

oscar35783

Feb 24, 2006
Jax, FL
87nasupra said:
I feel as if something is wrong with my car seriously. When i put my foot in the gas it feels like im not going anywhere. Before when i stuck my foot in it , it moved. Now when i do it all i get are high rpm's and 0-60 in 2 minutes. This SUCKS !!!!!!!

Didn't you just change your distributor? When i change CPS, I had to go back and set your base timing. I have a timing light if you need it.

oscar35783

Feb 24, 2006
Jax, FL
87nasupra said:
Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls..........When are we getting together for the weekend and cook out before it gets cold? I was out near the jettys on monday and it was so freaking nice! When we getting together ?!?!?!?

I should be getting my new turbo on Friday. If you guys want, you can come over to my place on Saturday to help me with the turbo swap and I'll grill some chicken and free beer. :naughty:

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
Yeah i changed out my distributor. I already timed my car ( timing light is in the back ). It did the boat anchor effect before that too. I dont know why though. it just sucks - cant wait for my swap.

As for saturday, im down for chicken and beer anyday !

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
oscar35783 said:
I should be getting my new turbo on Friday. If you guys want, you can come over to my place on Saturday to help me with the turbo swap and I'll grill some chicken and free beer. :naughty:

AIght Ludacris, I can do some chicken and beer!!!!!!! :biglaugh:

oscar35783

Feb 24, 2006
Jax, FL
:joshers: :joshers: :joshers: The turbo is here! The turbo is here! Anybody up for turbo swapping today? Give me a call 535-3629.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
oscar35783 said:
:joshers: :joshers: :joshers: The turbo is here! The turbo is here! Anybody up for turbo swapping today? Give me a call 535-3629.

ahhhhhhh... i gotta work..... I know it wont take but a couple of hours but i would be glad to help out if you are not done by tommorow afternoon. :icon_bigg Because val is not working tommorow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_razz

Aight I am getting close to finishing up my supra......things that i still need to do: flush the radiator, put the intercooler and oil cooler back in place, connect the hardpipes, and install the catch can. ( i am still debating on whether or not I should retorque the head.....) lets vote since i can't decide.
:icon_bigg

oscar35783

Feb 24, 2006
Jax, FL
I say open it up, check the torque, if it is way below spec like at 30lbs, then retorque. You can't do any worse if it is that low if you retorque. If it is at stock spec then it is a gamble if you retorque. Option 1 change you gasket or Option 2 drive it and see if it will blow. Prove every body wrong that it's only a myth. LOL.

oscar35783

Feb 24, 2006
Jax, FL
:drink1: I'm doing the turbo swap on Friday at 11:00am at my house. I'll be having grill chicken and beer. If anyone wants to come over and help, you are more then welcome. My address is 3167 Olde Sutton Parke Dr Orange Park Fl 32073. Give me a call if you get lost, 535-3629.

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
i checked my torque a few weeks ago, it wasnt that low.....around 50-52 depends on what headbolt you checked.....on what engine you checked it on. I know that my HG is leaking though. I can get a whiff of exhaust smell in my heat when i turn it on, and the water fall effect behind my dash is a good sign too :biglaugh: . I'm waiting on my swap this weekend ::w00t::

Last edited:

kuongie

kung pao
Aug 8, 2006
jacksonville
man im freakin jealous, i wish i had my car back to even work on it.. at this rate i shouldve used someones garage and did it myself :3d_frown:

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
kuongie said:
man im freakin jealous, i wish i had my car back to even work on it.. at this rate i shouldve used someones garage and did it myself :3d_frown:

Where is your car at??? (who is working on it?)

Oh and I still have your tems actuators!!! :icon_bigg

kuongie

kung pao
Aug 8, 2006
jacksonville
i took my car to stage 6 to do the swap for me and its been about two months i think.... i lost track... is anybody here having their car done there?? because supposedly rick over there is having a hard time with someone elses mk3 supra and his cars been there before my car!! man im going through withdrawals

kuongie

kung pao
Aug 8, 2006
jacksonville
:werd: all i wanted them to do is swap my engine..... quickly.... i mean i figured i didnt have time to do the swap and i needed my car so fuck it.... pay someone else to do it, who can do it in more than less the time i could do it in (make sense out of that one!!) im a newb to supra community, forums too for that matter, so i dont have a lot of sources other than local shops

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
kuongie said:
:werd: all i wanted them to do is swap my engine..... quickly.... i mean i figured i didnt have time to do the swap and i needed my car so fuck it.... pay someone else to do it, who can do it in more than less the time i could do it in (make sense out of that one!!) im a newb to supra community, forums too for that matter, so i dont have a lot of sources other than local shops

Hello it's me Ian with the red 87, stage 6 still dicking around with your car.
That’s why I hate performance shops for doing auto repair they do the high dollar jobs and forget about the little people. I will more than likely do my own head gasket. I know my head gasket is going because I have to put water in it every week and a half and cold start up are bad. Am a mechanic but I hate working on my own cars; I just hate working on the week end. But I know I will have to break down and do it when I do I will be putting in hks metal gasket. As long as the block is in good shape.

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
87nasupra said:
I'm was going to do my HG this weekend, instead i fell into a 90 ma71 that doesnt have a head on it............SCORE FOR ME !

Head gasket is a big job, alldata says 10hrs plus the head has to be sent out for valve and machine work. That’s 2days.