Home depot lip

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Although I haven't driven it in the rain yet, I think it'll be fine as long as I'm not driving through 12 inch deep puddles. The air filter has a rain drip sheild (as seen in above pic), and the vent blows beside the filter so most droplets would have a tough time getting into the intake.

IJ. said:
LOL nah I meant the CAI setup above Weez's post!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
There's been a few people here that have lunched motors with this sort of CAI :(

I'd consider turning the scoop so it faces rearward it's doesn't need a ram air effect to do it's job!

Mine picks up through the Stock Snorkal hole and dropped intake temps 10c+ (can't remember exactly how much but I documented it at the time)

<edit> Here's the post I made at the time!

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Mine has had a home depot lip for about 3 years now, but I was afraid to point it out :flamed: Your mounting method is much more refined then drywall screws though! :biglaugh:

p337016_1.jpg

jdmk3_87t

Take it!
Apr 29, 2005
SoCaL
bigaaron said:
Mine has had a home depot lip for about 3 years now, but I was afraid to point it out :flamed:

Don't worry Aaron, I still love you. Its been hard trying to find a decent, affordable lip for pre89s nowadays.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
tek, i suppose you could get a catch for sink drains and install it to rid yourself of pesky water and those annoying hairballs that could block CAIs. last i checked they didn't make drano for ram-air.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I wish we would all read the whole thread! Weezl did just install this version and do the write up.........but...........he has been using this method for a good while. Check his Avatar pic, it's a 6 inch version, which seemed to scrape too much. He said it would last 6 months without problem, but at 6", it would be beat up. Then it's just time for a new $30 lip. I bet the 4" lasts longer.

Lookin good Weezl...........now go wash them damn bugs off!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
ForcedTorque said:
Then it's just time for a new $30 lip. I bet the 4" lasts longer.

Actually to recover it after it gets beat up is less than $10. Thats including a new roll of tape. The extra 20 bucks was for the metal sub structure, which does not need to be replaced

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Wow man! Nice! I have a 91, and I'm thinking about doing this!:icon_bigg Looks great. Props for your ingenuity!:bigthumb:

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
I have a Home Depot lip as well...WeezL gave me the idea...lol. Here are some pics...although I mounted it differently, with pop-out plastic rivets, and some plastic weld on the corners. Here are some pics. Oh, and it cost about $20. :biglaugh:

p338779_1.jpg

p338779_2.jpg