hahah Banned from SF

Element256

Bickaty Bam !!
Jul 17, 2007
SoCal
csnow said:
I go there to buy and look for deals on parts. Without the search, SF is a total waste of time.

Isn't that the mainstay of forums ? Something to do when you're bored at work ? Obviously there's TONS of beneficial things but when it comes down to it, you browse the forums when you're bored.

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Supracentral said:

The site is slow, the admins are inactive for the most part, and without the search it has become a place of double posts. SF has an enormous wealth of information but the lack of search has rendered that data useless.

I understand that searching causes a lot of overhead on the server and it may just be a problem with their backend database. ISP bandwidth is probably 4-6k a month. I would estimate with such a large user base they would require 100 to 300mb of available bandwidth. They should offer a small monthy fee for members to have addtional access to private forums and search capabilities if the advertising is not generating enough capital to cover the admistration costs of the servers and associated telcom/ISP fees.

Last edited:

Element256

Bickaty Bam !!
Jul 17, 2007
SoCal
People have offered to pay but they do nothing about it still.
People have even offered additional bandwidth and\or site management for free but they have a click over there. I mean if my friend can get banned just because some OT troll "thought" he was me and reported him then anything goes there.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
I like this quote in the post about "the first rule about SF is you don't talk about SF":

"we are pretty smart" :biglaugh:

If they are so smart, what can't they see their forum turning into a big steaming pile of crap?

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Smart is a relative term these days.

Theyz roxor at teh internetz!!!!!1111!1!1!11

Proxies are no match for their collective might, but somehow search eludes them.

As I recall, if you can't handle the search, you are called a n00b!

Sorry, I'll quit now. :p

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
I have a new slogan for them:
"At SF, we make all the other Supra forums look very good."

They are kinda like Brittany Spears, they used to look so good, but now they are so bad you can't help but look every once in a while to see the latest disaster.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
when i first realized the potential of my supra, i thought joining a forum would be very useful. i did what most intardnet noob users would do and googled supra forums. and what did i find, supraforums.com. i thought to myself, this is great, i will learn so much from these guys. i didnt' learn shit. it took them 1 month to activate my account. then i found this site, and i haven't looked back. in the last year on SF, i have only posted twice, and don't care to again.
i hope that when it (SF) does collapse on itself, we don't get all of the ass hats from there coming over here to try to run the show.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Dunckel said:
i hope that when it (SF) does collapse on itself, we don't get all of the ass hats from there coming over here to try to run the show.

I can personally guarantee you that will not happen...

Element256

Bickaty Bam !!
Jul 17, 2007
SoCal
And we'll hold you to that promise SC !!!
At least you have the common sense to IP ban here instead of just the logon name.

On a funny side note, this morning my neighbor asked me when I'm getting my Celica back and for about 30seconds I had no idea what he was talking about. Then he said isn't it in the shop getting a new transmission ? Hahaha I then realized what he was asking. Silly s2k drivers. He must be on SF OT cause his lack of knowledge on cars is just astounding !! Apparently he's never heard of a "supra."

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Element256 said:
And we'll hold you to that promise SC !!!
At least you have the common sense to IP ban here instead of just the logon name.

On a funny side note, this morning my neighbor asked me when I'm getting my Celica back and for about 30seconds I had no idea what he was talking about. Then he said isn't it in the shop getting a new transmission ? Hahaha I then realized what he was asking. Silly s2k drivers.

I would have either slapped him or walked away shaking my head...or both

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
ethug.jpg